IGNORED

HDCD cd's

@Mayfair Boy what took so long for someone to mention all the DEAD albums done in HDCD? I think Jerry had a hand in someway in developing it at Pacific whatever Co. who invented HDCD-then I think Microsoft bought them out and killed it.

I have all of them and a Harmon-Kardon HDCD  5 disc changer to play them on- what does anyone think is the best way to use the HDCD changer— analog out to an amp or toslink out to amp or a DAC(if through the DAC probably defeats purpose of HDCD DAC on the changer-correct?) I do it all 3  ways and can’t really sense a DECERNABLE  difference. That ancient H-K HDCD changer still lights up for HDCD and the drawer still opens easily etc-never needed to refirbish it.

BTY I also have I think one of the very first HDCD discs DALLAS some classical pieces by symphony from Texas and Dick Hyman doing I think Ellington  can’t remember exactly will have to dig them out from my dust bag bins of(CD SACD DVD-A) history.

Several of you mentioned NeilYoung’s HDCD  not playing or playing poorly the only SACD(NOT HDCD) that never played for me was one of his ??HARVEST again will have to go dig that out from one of those bins.