IGNORED

Volt+ versus Volt+D output power

wjmwpg

Unfortunately it seems that my Volt+ is not quite powerful enough for my usage case. I am using one of my Volt+'s two channels to power a single mono speaker for music mixing. The speaker being driven is a Monacor SP-4/60PRO (60wMAX, 30wRMS). Is there a way to use the amplification of both channels of the Volt+ in a mono setup? (Many older amps allow what's called Mono-bridging to use all of the amp's available resources in a mono application - i.e. using amplification of both the left and right channels to amplify one mono signal.)

I had originally believed that the Volt+ was 50wRMS, but I see now that the Volt+ power rating is 50wMAX (my fault), whereas the Volt+D just says 65w (not RMS or MAX) - does this mean that the Volt+D is 65wMAX per channel, or 65wRMS per channel?

I'm trying to determine if I can make this Volt+ work for me, and if not if the Volt+D might work for me.

Cheers,

James

I own both amps and have used them both on the same speakers.  I have no idea what the true RMS power ratings of these amps are....it's surely less than advertised.  But I can say that, seat of the pants experience, the +D version is clearly more powerful.  I've never heard it clip on 87db sensitivity speakers.  (KEF Q300)  It sounds better as well...a much better amp overall.  Note that I used a 24 volt switching power supply with both amps....a cheapo brick type, nothing fancy.

The Votl+D is a real steal.