IGNORED

Dome house - where to place speakers?

Magic

6 hours ago, yamamoto2002 said:

Dome shaped ceiling is acoustically interesting, it causes echo, coloration, and uneven sound levels.

+1 There is a medium size room called an 'acoustic chapel' in a cathedral in my home town. A person at one end of the room can hear very loud and clear what the person at the opposite end (10m away) of the chapel is whispering even if he's whispering very quiet and while facing the wall - it's because of specific dome shaping of the ceiling.

19 hours ago, Magic said:

The floors in living room will be an earthen floor. 

This is really interesting.. I don't thing there are many people with earthen floor rooms audio installations experience. Anyway, I'd take care of the loudspeakers stability on a surface like this. Hmmm.. you're sure you don't want a carpet between speakers and your listening 'sweet spot'.? I'd recommend to check out this option when you're done with the choice of gear and setup.. :)

:nomqa:

On 11/21/2020 at 10:23 AM, mevdinc said:

What an interesting and lovely living space, enjoy!

Not sure about the home theatre system or having sound in every room, but in terms of music listening I would've thought you'd be better off with digital speakers such as the Kii Threes or the Dutch & Dutch 8Cs.

To avoid reflections and other room induced problems you could try extreme toe-in, speakers almost facing each other. I remember attending one of Ken Ishiwata (RIP) demos and he had the speakers well away from the front wall and extremely toed-in. And it really worked, everyone enjoyed the demo greatly.

if I get the kii three’s or other speaker on stands I could move them around to where they sound best. 

On the other hand, if they are in the wall or ceiling no one will be stealing them so easily. 

On 11/22/2020 at 3:36 AM, sphinxsix said:

This is really interesting.. I don't thing there are many people with earthen floor rooms audio installations experience. Anyway, I'd take care of the loudspeakers stability on a surface like this. Hmmm.. you're sure you don't want a carpet between speakers and your listening 'sweet spot'.? I'd recommend to check out this option when you're done with the choice of gear and setup.. :)

:nomqa:

I can put a rug down in between sofa and front of room. This would be under the table.  

13 hours ago, Magic said:

if I get the kii three’s or other speaker on stands I could move them around to where they sound best. 

On the other hand, if they are in the wall or ceiling no one will be stealing them so easily. 

LoL
In that case, ATC has wall and ceiling mounting speakers too.
Or if you have the means you can always ask these guys to help you, they built amazing studios. :)

https://www.facebook.com/NorthwardAcoustics

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!