IGNORED

Best Streamer without a music server (no Roon etc)

Just now, Daren F said:

A Bluesound Node 2i connected to your Mytek DAC via coax or toslink would be worth looking at. The onboard DAC isn't great so using it as a transport to the Mytek will give you excellent results. It supports Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Qobuz and Spotify (as well as others) with the BluOS app. It also supports Tidal Connect, Spotify Connect and Qobuz Connect which means that you can use the native mobile app on your ipad and play to the Node.

Great suggestion. I have a Node 2i sitting next to me right now. Extremely versatile. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, m5sime said:

Hi - I’m really keen on learning your experience as my ease of use benchmark is Sonos.. I used Roon to a rendu but gave up as I’m an infrequent music listener and everytime I wanted to play it - it was all sleeping and logged out etc. Sonos just always works. I only stream from the cloud services and while I have a nas and some ripped CDs I never use it. Hence looking for that ultra easy to use always ready solution but ideally also is a bit better than Sonos ZP90 spdif into my mutec and then mytek DAC 

I'm a big fan of Sonos, but be careful with the new Sonos Port. I have one and it can't output bit perfect audio via the digital outputs. There is some digital signal processing going on within the unit. I was working on an article about this, but got sidetracked :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...