IGNORED

Best Streamer without a music server (no Roon etc)

The only reason I sent back the Node 2i was that it didn't offer parametric EQ.

I think it's a great product otherwise and it's been revealed that it can play Amazon Music back at the correct sample rates (unlike the ios or Mac apps who default to an up sampled 192 for everything) 

I have no files so desire no drive set up so picked the Auralic Aries G1 to stream Qobuz. 

It's usb out to the Mutec works great and it's satisfying to see "32 bit" displayed in the app. 

I am very happy with its parametric eq. (I copied numbers over from settings I had fine tuned on my Mac) 

People supercharge these with modified power supplies - perhaps one day I will try that. I have no grumbles with the stock set up. It's big and weighs an absolute tonn. it's been working like a trooper these last few weeks. You can power it on and off via the app! What's not to like? It also works with Spotify Connect so when friend send me links to music I can play it quickly I don't think it works with Amazon Music yet. (But I recently jumped ship to go bit perfect with Qobuz)

Give it a try? 

5AFA28AE-B701-4D43-B128-2DC98A80059D.jpeg

2B0D3CF3-97CE-45EA-81B3-F8BCA46B2DD0.png

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

Another plus point for the Weiss... I mostly send Qobuz to my DAC but I like to send TV audio also via TOS optical - in a short time I was able to set up a custom EQ setting for the TV on the Remote. 

The Auralic has great parametric EQ on it but it cant be applied to anything but itself..

A negative for the Weiss is the lack of Spotify Connect... I dont use Spotify much but friends send me music on it. 

Hifi: Qobuz, Roon, Wiim Pro, Mutec MC3+USB, Mutec SF 10 120SE, Grace Designs M903, ADAM Audio A5X  + sub.

Portable: iPhone 13 pro max, Qobuz, Airpod Pro 2, calibrated with Mimi audiogram / apple health 

So why not use the Auralic with the Weiss! 

And the Mutec stuff too. (Seems rude not to)

Talk about a sledgehammer to crack a nut! 

This gives:

Lightning DS app

Spotify Connect

Banks of dsp eq presets in the Weiss to apply on different scenarios (speakers, headphones, TV optical, Chromecast Network) 

A physical remote for volume

036FD93F-577E-401C-9C81-EAF3E924C150.jpeg

I have found a device's coresponding remote control app to be very important. If possible try downloading it and see if you can imagine using it.