IGNORED

Audio Devices Collecting User Data

I.m setting up two firewalls using pfsense and other add-ons.  I'm setting up a six port Protectli  up at the mountain. I'm re-provisioning a high end Xeon workstation for in the city.  Besides the protection, I want to log everything that is going in or out. I want to see who's calling home.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

With pfsense and the various add-ons you make rules. Set sites that are off limits.  You can subscribe to a service that tracks and reports sites that are malware, and automatically shut them out. And the logging tells you a lot about what your computer is doing behind your back and who is trying to access.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

Microsoft has upped the recommended memory for Windows 10.  As CPU's become more powerful operating systems become more bloated.  One has to wonder how much of the increased memory usage and bloat in the operating system is due to the operating system recording metrics of the user and sending them back to the mother ship.

Large data bases and commercial users cannot afford to waste computing power on this spyware.  They must be able to remove it or it isn't there in the commercial versions.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook

2 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Back in the day we could remove nearly everything in a commercial OS. Now, it's nearly impossible. Not cool. 

I think the largest corporations that have industrial secrets to keep write their own code.  And, they have extremely powerful firewalls that strictly control everything that goes in or out of their internal systems.

Boycott Warner

Boycott Tidal

Boycott Roon

Boycott Lenbrook