IGNORED

Audio Devices Collecting User Data

Very interesting Chris...

For what its worth, when I was still using Mac OS and running ROON as well as Little Snitch I only saw Roon going out to the web when streaming a song from Qobuz or Tidal, internet radio, etc...

I'm assuming this info came from a PiHole or similar device?

No electron left behind.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:20 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

One of the many tracking communications is going here - Kochava

https://www.kochava.com/cross-device-tracking-web-sdk/

“Tracking with Web SDK: Unify Disparate Channels

Kochava, long renowned as the leader in mobile app attribution, introduces Web SDK—the bridge for in-app, mobile web, desktop and connected devices for cross-device tracking of your brand, giving you a holistic view of a user’s path to conversion.”

Adguard Home won't let me go to that link, haha.

No electron left behind.

• 3 years later...

I once went to get a haircut and the place I picked for its convenience and nearness to my house asked for my home address which I found odd and refused to give it. They then refused to cut my hair. When I asked for a reason that they need my home address the lady at the desk said it was a corporate policy. I have seen that place now has an app and I suspect that's how they gather their customer date now. I still use neither.

edit: Any local needs a good recommendation for a barber, 7th street barbers on West 7th in St Paul. Bonus, they don't need to violate your privacy to give you a high quality haircut. You do need to schedule ahead though as they are generally always booked.

No electron left behind.