IGNORED

Allo Volt+ Stepped Attenuator bag of black standoffs, spacers and screws

wjmwpg

Hi, two questions - I just purchased a Volt+ Stepped Attenuator (my first Allo product) . . .

Question 1: Is it okay to use only one channel (L or R) on the Volt+ with nothing plugged into the other channel? I plan on using the Volt+ to power a single speaker to monitor in progress music mixes in mono. (I have a proper stereo-to-mono summing cable that will collapse the stereo from my interface to mono before hitting the Volt+.) So I plan to plug into one of the two RCA connectors and then run speaker cable from one of the outputs, leaving all connections for the other channel unconnected. Is it okay that there will be load on one channel but no load on the channel?

Question 2: My Volt+ Stepped Attenuator came fully assembled but there's also a small bag of black standoffs, spacers, and screws in the box with the amp. What are these for? 

Cheers,

James

10 hours ago, wjmwpg said:

Hi, two questions - I just purchased a Volt+ Stepped Attenuator (my first Allo product) . . .

Question 1: Is it okay to use only one channel (L or R) on the Volt+ with nothing plugged into the other channel? I plan on using the Volt+ to power a single speaker to monitor in progress music mixes in mono. (I have a proper stereo-to-mono summing cable that will collapse the stereo from my interface to mono before hitting the Volt+.) So I plan to plug into one of the two RCA connectors and then run speaker cable from one of the outputs, leaving all connections for the other channel unconnected. Is it okay that there will be load on one channel but no load on the channel?

Question 2: My Volt+ Stepped Attenuator came fully assembled but there's also a small bag of black standoffs, spacers, and screws in the box with the amp. What are these for? 

Cheers,

James

Forwarded PM please check