IGNORED

HQ Player - Ticks and pops

Hi Guys,

My digital chain is as follows:

Custom Ryzen 7 server with Euphony OS -> Roon + HQ Player -> Uptone audio Iso regen with LPS -> Lampizator GA TRP DAC.

Suddenly as of last night, I am hearing ticks and pops in my music. i'll try to attach a video so u can hear what I am talking about. For trouble shooting purposes, I changed my music server to Just Roon and the ticks and pops disappear. I also tried removing the isoregen and it makes no difference. I shut off everything and rebooted everything, still the issue happens. Does it have anything to do with my HQ Player settings?

PS: First I thought my server wasnt able to handle the load, but then noticed the CPU is operating at 20%

image.thumb.png.056268aac59e63cb4f1bdfc36f1f4d38.png

image.thumb.png.ecb633c0ae6aaeed8bd8b63901055dff.png

image.thumb.png.0465753d172a334d18df3be7f39731cf.png

18 hours ago, audiofool1982 said:

Hi Guys,

My digital chain is as follows:

Custom Ryzen 7 server with Euphony OS -> Roon + HQ Player -> Uptone audio Iso regen with LPS -> Lampizator GA TRP DAC.

Suddenly as of last night, I am hearing ticks and pops in my music. i'll try to attach a video so u can hear what I am talking about. For trouble shooting purposes, I changed my music server to Just Roon and the ticks and pops disappear. I also tried removing the isoregen and it makes no difference. I shut off everything and rebooted everything, still the issue happens. Does it have anything to do with my HQ Player settings?

PS: First I thought my server wasnt able to handle the load, but then noticed the CPU is operating at 20%

image.thumb.png.056268aac59e63cb4f1bdfc36f1f4d38.png

image.thumb.png.ecb633c0ae6aaeed8bd8b63901055dff.png

image.thumb.png.0465753d172a334d18df3be7f39731cf.png

IMG_0165.MOV

At least one issue is startup volume being set to 0 dBFS. Never turn volume higher than -3 dBFS.

Another thing to check is USB cable, transfer errors cause all kinds of noises...

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers