IGNORED

If only commercial recordings sounded as good as this.

Rexp

Rex

You do of course realise that this is sub AM Radio territory, although I don't doubt that the original performance probably sounded quite good though. 

Jazz video.jpg

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

3 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Ha, thats probably why I like it. Did you listen? 

I listened to a minute of it which is all that downloaded.

It appears to be a fairly old recording though and may not have sounded much better from the master copy.

Some videos have been copied that many times though that you can't always be sure, and always happens when you reduce the video bit rate that much.

There is however a hidden 132kb/s 44.1 mono track, not that this would sound much better.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

8 minutes ago, sandyk said:

I listened to a minute of it which is all that downloaded.

It appears to be a fairly old recording though and may not have sounded much better from the master copy.

Some videos have been copied that many times though that you can't always be sure, and always happens when you reduce the video bit rate that much.

There is however a hidden 132kb/s 44.1 mono track, not that this would sound much better.

Curious cos it was recorded only 5 months ago, also available here: Vimeo is 320AAC I believe?

https://vimeo.com/jeffhanleyvideo

1 minute ago, Rexp said:

Curious cos it was recorded only 5 months ago, also available here: Vimeo is 320AAC I believe?

https://vimeo.com/jeffhanleyvideo

As I said, this is what happens when you reduce a video bit rate that much or copy them too much.

I can't DL them from Vimeo other than  an ad for them which is more like typical YouTube with 138kb/s 48K Stereo .aac and hidden 576kb/s 48K .aac .