IGNORED

Assistance needed: Roon core on Linux Ubuntu Studio

For the last several weeks, Roon keeps constantly scanning my music files stored on a Synology NAS - blue spinning circle in the top right menu section of Roon just continuously spins.

Roon core resides on my Ubuntu Studio (20.04) server.

I posted something on the Roon forum and was directed to this fix which directs me to this update page.  I tried to update kernel to 5.6.10 but I seem to be stuck on 5.4.0-53-lowlatency. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Eric

Ubuntu Studio Linux box (i7-9700, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, Roon, HQP) > fiber optic > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber optic > opticalRendu (HQP NAA) > Holo Cyan (DSD version) > Nord One UP NC500MB mono blocks > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP via Roon client, DSP with HQP convolution engine

1 hour ago, ronfint said:

If you are connecting to your Synology DiskStation via CIFS, you might try an NFS share instead. I also had severe problems with Roon Build 667, and switching to NFS solved them for me.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-loses-connection-to-my-synology-nas-since-updating-to-build-667/124926/50

Good luck!

Thanks!

It took several tries but got NAS mounted as NFS and Roon pointed to it. Hopefully this solves the issue. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Roon finished importing all my file and now NO spinning blue circle!!!

Eric

Ubuntu Studio Linux box (i7-9700, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, Roon, HQP) > fiber optic > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber optic > opticalRendu (HQP NAA) > Holo Cyan (DSD version) > Nord One UP NC500MB mono blocks > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP via Roon client, DSP with HQP convolution engine

One change is that I had to add a line to /etc/fstab file so that my Synology NAS would mount upon boot up, otherwise I had to issue the "mount" command on every restart.

Here is the line I added:

192.168.0.XX:/volume1/Music_Folder /mnt nfs defaults 0 0 (where XX=NAS IP address)

Eric