IGNORED

Article: Review | McIntosh RS200 Wireless Speaker

1 minute ago, charlesphoto said:

As a lifestyle piece there is still a big factor that the mfg left off, the same as Naim with their Muso (I own a first version) and that's the ability to use headphones, wired and/or via bluetooth. Not sure what this oversight is about - the Muso we have is in the bedroom, doubles up as sound for the TV there as well, and often I would like to listen via headphones so as not to disturb others and with no way to do so, end up using headphones plugged into the Roku remote which sounds terrible. A real flaw/oversight imo as to how people actually listen these days. 

OMG!

I seriously never thought about that, but now that I read your comment, it's genius. It make so much sense!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 minutes ago, fas42 said:

I see this type of unit as being the future of audio, because everything in one box means the engineering of the whole can be got right. Unfortunately, I still don't get any idea of how well it can do in presenting intense, Big Sound from that review, Chris - would be handy to know where you found limitations.

Just found this review, https://www.techhive.com/article/3452520/mcintosh-rs200-review.html, which gives a completely different story on how well it performs ... so, no wiser about its SQ, 🤪.

I really like Scott Wilkinson and was even a guest on his podcast on Leo Laporte’s Twit network. However, he compared the RS200 to the device below and he thought it sounded much better than the RS200. 

I compared the RS200 to several other high end devices and think it bests them all. 

The Urbanears device is Bluetooth. We all know how that sounds. 

I mean no offense to Scott. He’s a great guy. I just differ with his opinion. 

Urbanears Rålis

1B65255B-1A23-48B0-930A-1557761F1EC8.jpeg

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I need one of these in my home office, I think, and I also need MPR to bring back The Jazz Image so that I can give the girls similar memories to my Dad and I listening to it on a tabletop radio in the den.

Chris, do you know if there is a way to set one of the buttons to a tunein radio station? I could set one to MPR and one to Michigan football!

haha!

If MPR and WWJ 950 is what you want, I just did it on presets 3 and 4 via the Internet Radio feature. 

8 minutes ago, Archimago said:

With relatively small drivers, speaker separation of maybe ~15", hardcore audiophiles probably shouldn't expect too much in lifestyle all-in-ones soundwise.

Correct. It’s all about setting expectations and keeping the right perspective. An NHRA top fuel car wouldn’t do well hauling groceries and my Subaru wouldn’t do well drag racing. My Wilson Alexia speakers don’t fit in my dining room either :~)

8 minutes ago, Archimago said:

Chris, do you have a picture of the dual 4x6" woofers? How are those arranged? With crossovers identified as 275Hz and 4kHz, it'd be interesting to see how they're orienting those drivers!

I don’t. I’ll ask for one as I was wondering the same thing. 

1 hour ago, bbosler said:

are the people judging how this thing sounds by listening to you tube videos serious?

Unfortunately yes. 

1 hour ago, bbosler said:

I don't get the complaint about lack of a headphone jack either. They decided not to include one. Every product can't meet the expectations/needs of every consumer

I don’t think anyone suggested products must meet everyone’s needs. We simply talked about how cool it would be for a headphone output, especially wireless. Dreaming can be a good thing.