IGNORED

Article: Review | McIntosh RS200 Wireless Speaker

I see this type of unit as being the future of audio, because everything in one box means the engineering of the whole can be got right. Unfortunately, I still don't get any idea of how well it can do in presenting intense, Big Sound from that review, Chris - would be handy to know where you found limitations.

Just found this review, https://www.techhive.com/article/3452520/mcintosh-rs200-review.html, which gives a completely different story on how well it performs ... so, no wiser about its SQ, 🤪.

So, can you relate to anything he said in criticising the sound? Or, do you believe that he would have found the SQ as you heard it from the RS200 to be of a high standard? IOW, that what each of you heard was actually quite different, in an absolute sense, because the samples of the unit were performing differently, in how they were set up and used?

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I think you’re hearing the speakers in your computer. 

Well, I watch a video of the capture a live, large scale orchestral performance on my computer, and every auditory cue tells me, this is Big Sound happening. It may not make the room that I am listening in ring from the intensity, but all the clues are there in what I hear - my mind can translate what's going on.

From what I've read in the last hour or so, people either love the unit, or are severely disappointed - very little in the middle.

I have a funny feeling that this component would respond very strongly, and positively, to how it was set up in the room - at a guess, on a single, very solid, tallish pillar, no wider than the feet of the base. But of course no normal room would have such a "piece of furniture" ...