IGNORED

How to convert SACD's to play on Roon?

16 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

After looking at something like 18 steps for each disc, $5 for Stereo/disc sounds worth it to have a service do it!

There aren't 18 steps for each disc at all.

Just put the proper AutoScript folder onto a USB flash drive, install Java (64-bit) on a Windows, Mac, or Linux computer, and then install SACDExtractGUI on that computer, and away you go.

Just a few clicks of setup in the GUI, and you are ripping. Very easy with an Oppo player.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

1 hour ago, Kal Rubinson said:

OK but how to I change the new default target directory structure?

It defaults to folder structure like this: "Album name/(Disc no)/(Stereo or 5ch or 6ch)."

I want just  "Album name."

Can you help?

That I do not know except to say there is an sacd_extract.cfg file available with the .88 version of sacd_extract that in theory could be used for that. I don't see anything obvious in the readme.txt about exactly how to do that.

@EugenF, can the config file be used to name the folder in the manner Kal describes (i.e. the album name only)?

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

2 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

All I want are an ISO and a directory of the DSFs with the same name but not in the same folder/directory.  The GUI did that until the latest update where the default is as stated.  I don't want it.

You have the ability to roll back by means of substituting the version of sacd_extract in use, it isn't actually the GUI itself that is doing what you describe, it is sacd_extract.

For your specific purposes, just roll back to v.87 or earlier (I believe) and you'll be right back to where you were. 

Alternatively, you can also roll back further to Setmind's original fork, as it too works perfectly well with the GUI.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

3 hours ago, LarryMagoo said:

The more I read these replies the more $5/disc transfer price seems the way to go to avoid headaches and maybe messing up your whole collection?    

Only if you have a very small collection of SACDs, otherwise $5/disc adds up VERY fast.

You can buy a rip compatible player on eBay for around $25, and the rip software is free. Certainly that's a much better deal, and I don't know why you'd be so sure of how difficult this is without first having tried it.

Trust me, it isn't hard, thousands of people have done it including many who are not particularly computer proficient. the specific use case described by Kal probably has no bearing at all on you personally, it's just a workflow he has developed over many years time that was slightly interrupted due to a change in the way the software works.

Probably not a big concern for you, or very many people, but Kal has refined and developed a specific workflow and doesn't want it to change. Thats his personal preference, but don't automatically assume that he is describing anything that would cause you some big problem.

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook