IGNORED

Can I use a USB hub attached to mobo with DAC cable plugged in and no downside?

New computer build and my Curious Cable won't reach new USB port from Chord Hugo TT2. Until I go and buy a longer cable I plugged in a USB hub and then Curious into that. Is there a SQ downside to that? I think there is but unsure and can't find much from Google. I'm ready to buy a longer USB cable unless someone could weigh in here. Thank you.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

5 hours ago, KDinsmore said:

Never mind. Hub sucks.

Have you considered an Iso Regen or normal USB Regen ?

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

I bought a longer Curious Cable Evolved and solved the issue. Thank you everyone!

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

2 hours ago, KDinsmore said:

I bought a longer Curious Cable Evolved and solved the issue. Thank you everyone!

Just as long as you realise that NO USB cable can clean up USB crud, as Gary put it, all by itself, and are happy with your present results.

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020