IGNORED

Thoughts on an iPad as a streaming source?

20 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

[...] If you have a lossless streaming provider, don’t plan on playing any external local files, and can live without a remote. 

That's a situation in which I found myself. While Qobuz contains a truly inexhaustible supply of music, there are still some things that aren't there and are unlikely ever be, such as Grateful Dead's tapers archives, etc. 🙂

1 minute ago, Musicophile said:

At the risk of going somewhat off topic: I have nearly 4TB of a personal library and keep buying albums every single month. For two reasons: I’m still not the lossless or even better high res streaming model will be commercially viable long term, and tow ensure that artists are making at least some money (which they clearly don’t with streaming unless you’re Beyoncé). 

To me streaming for the foreseeable future will remain my discovery engine and for when I’m on the go, but having my own library will always be the go to solution. So if high res streaming one day gets too expensive I can simply “cut the cord”. I probably have more music in my library I can ever listen to anyhow. 

For this I feel a dedicated streamer or a computer (the new M1 MacMinis look impressive) will remain the better option. 

Can not disagree with your point. Still, streaming only model seem to be very attractive :-) I am musing about fine one-box or one-box + speakers solution... Can not figure out so far what it should be :-)