IGNORED

how loud do you "Typically" listen? (those with a db meter, or the phone app)

992Sam

When settling down to do dedicated listening session pretty much every night for a few hours I listen at around 95-105db at peaks. This is measured at the listening position via a pricey Reed DB meter that tops out at 140db in terms of its measurement capability. The system was tuned at this level and never really sounds stressed so I just roll with it.

Yeah its louder than I probably should be listening at but its what I enjoy and will continue to do so until I'm deaf or dead 🙂

8 minutes ago, 992Sam said:

Wow, that is pretty darn loud... I don't know if I could sustain that volume more than a few minutes myself..   But then my room is also small, that makes loud music "feel" louder .. 

Its strange in that, even though numerically the level is considered fairly loud, it really doesn't seem that way at all. If I fell over a bag of money in the street I would love to add alot more power but....

I hear you about the room size thing. There are many benefits to a smaller room and the need for less HP and Cubic inches to fill it is a big one. Especially in this hobby where the cost of a few "good/quality" watts is at a premium and goes up like a shot for every additional quality watt from there.