IGNORED

Article: Yottamaster HC1-C3 | Excellent Storage Option For Music Libraries

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

@joelha I keep looking for the multi-drive NVMe USB drive. It's a strange challenge. 

This four bay NVMe enclosure is fantastic, but it's Thunderbolt 3. https://eshop.macsales.com/shop/express-4m2

If there is a USB male to Thunderbolt female adapter, then you'd be golden.

Chris,

Regardless of the outcome, you're great for taking the time to check this out for me (and maybe for others).

You believe the previous device you had identified would with an Auralic device?

And the same would be true for the Thunderbolt device assuming I could find a Thunderbolt to USB adapter?

Thanks a lot.

Joel

32 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

The previous M.2 SATA device would work for sure as it has dip switches to set it in RAID 0 that would make it one large drive. The drives required are like this Samsung EVO 860 - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07822SVMS/

You could get 4TB total. 

Chris,

I'm going to guess that the four NVMe device won't work based on the following information I saw from that device's instruction manual:

PC Requirements • Hardware: PC with a Thunderbolt 3 port • OS: Windows 10 or later

But the two NVMe device is on order.

Thanks again for the great find.

Joel

5 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It technically may work but I’ve seen terrible results from people doing similar things online. 

Chris,

Would the dual card device you recommended work with Optane?

And if it might be subject to the terrible results you had mentioned, what might those be?

Thanks.

Joel