IGNORED

Article: Yottamaster HC1-C3 | Excellent Storage Option For Music Libraries

Nice price on this unit but I don't really understand the clone advantage over raid 1.  I have an enclosure with two drives in raid 1 connected to the system via ethernet. I never worry or have to remember to do any thing after an addition to the music library, it's always mirrored.  The one thing about drives, if it ever does fail there can be no warning.  

3 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Steve, there are pros and cons to every solution. The cool things about this one are the ability to put these drives in anything via USB and read/write to them (no proprietary or RAID config), it’s tiny, cheap, fast, the clone is manual so if you delete something it isn’t gone, and more. 

RAID isn’t back. This is backup. 

Great to read your solution is working for you though. 

It isn’t for everyone but almost :~)

Ok thanks, I do like the versatility of the USB read write, especially for purposes outside audio. While Raid 1 is not back up, it makes sure I'll likely never loose my library. Back up from the NAS is achieved with a nightly cloud solution, giving me a full 3-2-1 back up solution. AND in 5 years it will all be for not as I likely to be streaming everything.