IGNORED

Article: Yottamaster HC1-C3 | Excellent Storage Option For Music Libraries

@The Computer Audiophile thanks for introducing us to this. Always helpful to know about these helpful products.

I am noodling on if this is for me or not.

I keep 3 full backup copies of my music files plus a partial backup copy (backup 4) in my bank's lock box to guard against theft or fire ... given the way 2020 is going who the hell knows what can happen.

I don't use Raid, as you mention, it is not backup. If I have a failure, I can resort to one of my backup drives. It might take a while to restore, but time isn't a huge concern. I am not a business requiring 24/7 access to a file.

For some time, I have used my Win laptop to rip CD's or download files (e.g. HDTracks) which are stored on an external WD My Book drive (backup 1). I then copy the files to my Synology NAS (backup 2) over my network. Connected to the Synology NAS is a WP My Passport drive external drive (backup 3) that is a weekly backup of the NAS.

My Linux music server is connected to the NAS via Roon. Everything works well for the most part even with WiFi in the path. So at this point, it is good to know this exists in case I decide to make changes in my file storage but not sure how it would benefit my specific setup.