IGNORED

Best FLAC converter software

cappo

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

You must admit that this thread and its sequence of posts could've been predicted by anyone who knows how online spammers operate. I've blocked thousands of these types of posts from appearing on this site.

I apologize for quoting your post not addressed to me. I personally bought the programs that I mentioned above for my use. And I have been using them for almost one year. And I like them. But there is no limit to perfection. And I came to your Forum in order to find out that there are probably better sound quality, but which I do not know about. What my question was about. I apologize if my question somehow offended or hurt you personally or any of the Forum participants. I also apologize for the poor translation.

I also give screenshots of the screen with programs that I bought and registered in my name.

Снимок экрана (16).png

Снимок экрана (19).png

32 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Guys, there is nothing wrong about your desire to sell or to promote the sales - it is quite understandable. But the way you do it makes me laugh. Thank you for fun😀

Just like in the USA at the moment , the Jury still appears to be out, although I completely understand Chris's scepticism .

We see heaps of products being recommended in other areas of the forum, but that doesn't necessarily mean the posters are affiliated with the manufacturer.

It's not as if there is likely to be a huge number of members purchasing products from European websites where you don't even know which button is which. 😄

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

22 minutes ago, sandyk said:

It's not as if there is likely to be a huge number of members purchasing products from European websites where you don't even know which button is which. 😄

I am very much surprised by your nationalistic inclinations. I have personally used AudioQuest USA cable products for 26 years. Acoustics of the Danish company Dynaudio, German amplifier, Japanese turntable, top-end Denon. Surge protectors of the British company Isol-8 Teknologies. And no nationalism! Do you all use only devices made in your own country? Well, then you have to listen to Music exclusively from your composers and performers! I'm ashamed for you.

1 hour ago, Vlodzimierz said:

I am very much surprised by your nationalistic inclinations. I have personally used AudioQuest USA cable products for 26 years. Acoustics of the Danish company Dynaudio, German amplifier, Japanese turntable, top-end Denon. Surge protectors of the British company Isol-8 Teknologies. And no nationalism! Do you all use only devices made in your own country? Well, then you have to listen to Music exclusively from your composers and performers! I'm ashamed for you.

I am not nationalistic, and I am from Australia where we have to import from worldwide 

I did check out the link provided earlier but without a translation I wouldn't have even known which button to press.

My apologies for attempting to try and draw the heat out of this thread which could have resulted in it being

prematurely closed.

Feel free to contact Cappo via a PM and ask him if I am as you believe me to be.

Yes,  I am interested in any S/W that may (or may not)  perform better  .flac conversions than the designed by a committee Foobar 2000 or the .flac front end which doesn't work with Windows 10/64.

BTW, the use of large letters is perceived as SHOUTING and doesn't do your cause any good..

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

BTW, the use of large letters is perceived as SHOUTING and doesn't do your cause any good..

I do not know how it happened that the text is printed in large letters. I had no intention of doing this. I apologize for that. I'm not quite clear on how to create messages yet.

34 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Just because you personally, are unable to hear the differences between .flac and .wav doesn't mean that numerous other members are unable to as many have previously reported, and just like the OP and  Vlodzimierz  has reported here also .

However, if the artwork is more important to you than sound quality, then stick with .flac

BTW, this discussion isn't about converting FROM .wav. It's about converting from .flac and .ape TO .wav as per the initial post in the thread. Given that many companies provide their Downloads in .flac format mainly to save bandwidth ,it should hardly be surprising that they want the best sounding conversion to .wav possible.

And now I am looking forward to hear your expert analysis of the results of the conversion from flac to wav with the help of the fabulous, and not expensive at all app already mentioned above. Please!

17 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

And now I am looking forward to hear your expert analysis of the results of the conversion from flac to wav with the help of the fabulous, and not expensive at all app already mentioned above. Please!

Please keep your sarcasm to yourself, and unless you have anything of value to report in this clearly SUBJECTIVE type thread, please refrain from deliberately trying to disrupt it and force it's closure, as well as the banning of both new members without first giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It should also be clear that there are language barriers here too.

Xxhighend is the best flac to Wave software I use. It converts all flac files to Wave ready for playback. It is a playback software not a stand alone for conversions.

Personally I rip all CD's to Wave and purchase all music in Wave where possible, otherwise its flac. I have db poweramp, Xrecode and EAC.

In comparing these three I prefer EAC for CD rips, Xrecode for conversions and turning single file ripped albums into individual tracks, and Dvd Audio Extractor for ripping audio from Dvd's and blueray's. I've compared Xrecode to dbpoweramp for conversions and Xrecode wins by a small margin. I avoid any other file types unless its all I have to work with. 

Robert

1 hour ago, robocop said:

Xxhighend is the best flac to Wave software I use. It converts all flac files to Wave ready for playback. It is a playback software not a stand alone for conversions.

Personally I rip all CD's to Wave and purchase all music in Wave where possible, otherwise its flac. I have db poweramp, Xrecode and EAC.

In comparing these three I prefer EAC for CD rips, Xrecode for conversions and turning single file ripped albums into individual tracks, and Dvd Audio Extractor for ripping audio from Dvd's and blueray's. I've compared Xrecode to dbpoweramp for conversions and Xrecode wins by a small margin. I avoid any other file types unless its all I have to work with. 

Robert

Thanks Robert.

I will give Xrecode a try against Foobar 2000.

Alex

6 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

You, ignoramus, have an IQ of an amoeba and don't know your arse from your elbow!

5 hours ago, robocop said:

I've compared Xrecode to dbpoweramp for conversions and Xrecode wins by a small margin. I avoid any other file types unless its all I have to work with. 

Robert

Yesterday I spent several hours comparing Xrecode with Audio Transcoder. Both are good and very similar but Audio Transcoder gives a much more accurate and articulate bass. So far Audio Transcoder is the winner for me and I'm almost ready to purchase the license. Before I do though, I'd like to be sure there's nothing better out there. Anyone has tested anything better?  

8 hours ago, sandyk said:

Please keep your sarcasm to yourself, and unless you have anything of value to report in this clearly SUBJECTIVE type thread, please refrain from deliberately trying to disrupt it and force it's closure, as well as the banning of both new members without first giving them the benefit of the doubt.

It should also be clear that there are language barriers here too.

Why did you think that I couldn't be interested in your opinion about the product that is being promoted here?

2 hours ago, cappo said:

Yesterday I spent several hours comparing Xrecode with Audio Transcoder. Both are good and very similar but Audio Transcoder gives a much more accurate and articulate bass.

As I said I would, I did try Xrecoder with W10/64 , but it failed to process the first .flac  file that I tried it on. 

As it is also a trial version of a paid S/W I decided it wasn't worth the trouble or expense of investigating further, as Foobar 2000 is Freeware and easy to use, so I removed the program again.

The same WAV file can sound differently for example when played from different media such as magnetic disk vs RAM disk because of different noise profile generated during playback. Nothing new, experiences of this type were mentioned here years ago.

On 11/7/2020 at 7:25 AM, sandyk said:

I agree that although the checksums may say that they are identical, that they can however sound different even though all of your different converters show the same result, as they should.

You are telling us that two WAV files with the same checksum are different files only because of they were generated by a different algorithm. So you are telling us that different algorithms, producing the same bits, are producing some sound difference. Applied back to much simpler cases, it seems that commutative law of mathematics is now ruled out and 1 + 2 generates different number 3 than 2 + 1.

OK, then we need new terms and new physical explanations. Maybe some new universe. I would call this phenomena as WOW effect of WAV files. So how is this WOW effect associated with media file that the checksum tool cannot find it? Where can the WOW effect be stored? My candidates are:

a) in listener's head - the only place the difference exists
b) in WAV bits itself ... like protons and neutrons consist of quarks, audio bits consist of WOWs - they are not yet discovered but hopefully they will be

c) in at least one additional dimension of our universe - we are not able to perceive them in usual ways, but music is an exception - it is a door into otherwise imperceptible dimensions of anything.

Looking forward for your explanations.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
1 hour ago, bogi said:

Other than the attached , I will not be going further with this in this thread as it has been done to death numerous times already, and Chris will not permit it all to be posted yet again.

The attached is from the 6th separate , and CORRECTLY performed session of DBTs, each with 8 repeats in each, for a total of 48 out of 48 POSITIVE results, performed by E.E. Martin Colloms from Hi Fi Critic, as well as being  past editor of Hi Fi News and Record Review.

I supplied pairs of comparison .wav files via the Internet of tracks from Dire Straits-Love Over Gold for the purpose. 

Among the now many members who have now verified my findings are E.E. George Graves. Paul Raulerson. Peter St.  manishander, acg (Anthony) .fas42 . 

Recording and Mastering Engineer Barry Diament has also verified my findings via comparison CD-Rs sent to him.

IF you require further info please use PMs, or better still, use the SEARCH facility.

If you have a decent external monitor, you will also find comparison Music VIDEOS in MY Profile where if your gear is good enough you should be able to both SEE and HEAR differences at the same time.

BTW, both of the new members in this thread have come to the same conclusions INDEPENDENTLY

HFC - 6th SESSION.jpg

56 minutes ago, bogi said:

The same WAV file can sound differently for example when played from different media such as magnetic disk vs RAM disk because of different noise profile generated during playback. Nothing new, experiences of this type were mentioned here years ago.

You are telling us that two WAV files with the same checksum are different files only because of they were generated by a different algorithm. So you are telling us that different algorithms, producing the same bits, are producing some sound difference. Applied back to much simpler cases, it seems that commutative law of mathematics is now ruled out and 1 + 2 generates different number 3 than 2 + 1.

OK, then we need new terms and new physical explanations. Maybe some new universe. I would call this phenomena as WOW effect of WAV files. So how is this WOW effect associated with media file that the checksum tool cannot find it? Where can the WOW effect be stored? My candidates are:

a) in listener's head - the only place the difference exists
b) in WAV bits itself ... like protons and neutrons consist of quarks, audio bits consist of WOWs - they are not yet discovered but hopefully they will be

c) in at least one additional dimension of our universe - we are not able to perceive them in usual ways, but music is an exception - it is a door into otherwise imperceptible dimensions of anything.

For me, it looks like an attempt to prevent the sales. Remember, you must truly believe in benefit of doubt!

9 minutes ago, sandyk said:

Other than the attached , I will not be going further with this in this thread as it has been done to death numerous times already, and Chris will not permit it all to be posted yet again.

The attached is from the 6th separate , and CORRECTLY performed session of DBTs, each with 8 repeats in each, for a total of 48 out of 48 POSITIVE results, performed by E.E. Martin Colloms from Hi Fi Critic, as well as being  past editor of Hi Fi News and Record Review.

I supplied pairs of comparison .wav files via the Internet of tracks from Dire Straits-Love Over Gold for the purpose. 

Among the now many members who have now verified my findings are E.E. George Graves. Paul Raulerson. Peter St.  manishander, acg (Anthony) .fas42 . 

Recording and Mastering Engineer Barry Diament has also verified my findings via comparison CD-Rs sent to him.

IF you require further info please use PMs ONLY

HFC - 6th SESSION.jpg

Why give other people's names in support of what you consider to be a purely subjective? Does the subjective needs something else besides itself? Is nothing enough? Know the truth and truth will set you free.

9 minutes ago, AnotherSpin said:

Why give other people's names in support of what you consider to be a purely subjective? Does the subjective needs something else besides itself? Is nothing enough? Know the truth and truth will set you free.

IGNORED .

Are you by any chance related to Ralf11 ?

OMG why has this gone to hell in a hand basket. Small margins of sound difference are not to be argued over. I have never heard of Audio Transcoder so never tried it. But we are splitting hairs I think. 

My idea is first never having to convert anything from original is best in my book. The source (wave) is the best if you can't get this then second is flac, after this not worth arguing over. Put up with what you have and don't bother with comparisons.

Mind you I'm ignoring DSD which I've not bothered with being PCM follower.

A bottle of red wine helps with enhanced listening or perhaps two!!!