IGNORED

Optimizing Acourate Room+Speaker+Sub Correction

ecwl

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This is all really fun stuff because it has such a dramatic effect on the sound and the cost is peanuts compared to the rest of this hobby. 

Wait till software can play test tones through your speakers to test what frequencies you can and can't hear and then the EQ for music playback is not just room correction, but also 'hearing correction' (to a certain extent, can't fix hearing loss of course) at the same time !

The Harman Curve (or whatever curve one prefers) looks nice but I doubt our hearing profiles can match the preferred target curve accurately.

Putting aside significant hearing losses, we'd all have slightly different hearing profiles. So something to EQ for this would make a big difference, alongside room EQ.

Anyway I'm sure someone's already onto it . Sorry for the off topic. Future of DSP is exciting though.

8 hours ago, firedog said:

I'm using RC in Roon with added EQ to compensate for some hearing loss.

Yes anyone right now can obviously go do a hearing test with an audiologist and then adjust their room EQ target curve manually to adjust for hearing profile.

I was more commenting on automated software, like my Jabra earbuds do.

But that's good that you've done it another way. I wonder how many others take the clever approach you've taken.