IGNORED

Original microRendu v1.3 DSD

Hi,

Does anybody knows the maximum DSD sample rate supported by the original microRendu v1.3 (software v2.7)?

I made a search here and elsewhere but the only specifications that I have found are for the latest hardware version (v1.5).

Thanks in advance.

JoseL

14 hours ago, BCRich said:

pretty sure DSD512 was supported.

That’s what I was thinking but with Roon it only goes up to DSD256.

As far as I can tell I have the correct settings on both the microRendu and Roon.

The signal path is:

Intel NUC/Roon ROCK> Cat 6 cable> Gb switch with SFP fiber transceiver> fiber optic cable> Sonore opticalModule> Cat 6 cable> Sonore microRendu (v1.3)> USB cable> Topping D90 DAC.

I wonder what would be the limiting factor here. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again.

JoseL

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2020 at 9:16 AM, JoseL said:

That’s what I was thinking but with Roon it only goes up to DSD256.

As far as I can tell I have the correct settings on both the microRendu and Roon.

The signal path is:

Intel NUC/Roon ROCK> Cat 6 cable> Gb switch with SFP fiber transceiver> fiber optic cable> Sonore opticalModule> Cat 6 cable> Sonore microRendu (v1.3)> USB cable> Topping D90 DAC.

I wonder what would be the limiting factor here. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again.

You should be able to play DSD 512 with that set up, but do note that you will have to use Native DSD and not DoP.  Also note that the D-90 DAC performs better at DSD 256 than it does at DSD 512 (this is due to how the AKM 4499 DAC chip operates, the data sheet for that chip shows that performance actually degrades with DSD 512 vs. DSD 256). 

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio