IGNORED

ISO2DSD Mac not working

al2813

I found today some time to work on some SACD and when unpacking the ISO file to the DSF tracks on my iMac my ISO2DSD is not working. Not sure of it is the latest MACOS update or the latest Java update (both were updated over the past days), but when I spun a W10 system in my Parallels and tried to unpack there I had the same result. In my son's W10 desktop I had no issues. Any ideas ? 

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Thibaw said:

I also have a problem with a Mac and  ISO2DSD. Software won’t show the contents of any of my folders.  Seems incompatible.

Is "Files of Type" set to "iso" or "All Files"? If the former, it will only show ISO files in the folder.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

An alternative software could be to try to use the Pineplayer (http://www.digipine.com) to extract sacd.iso files.

It's free software and a mac sw-player that can also read and extract sacd iso files (either to DFF or DSF). (It's not notarized, so gatekeeper prevents the initial launch, but it is signed)

I use it primarily for iso file extraction, but it's not always working for every iso. Sometimes it flags the iso as corropt or not readable and then I have to try other software. But at least it is another way of trying directly on a mac...

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2020 at 12:26 AM, al2813 said:

I found today some time to work on some SACD and when unpacking the ISO file to the DSF tracks on my iMac my ISO2DSD is not working. Not sure of it is the latest MACOS update or the latest Java update (both were updated over the past days), but when I spun a W10 system in my Parallels and tried to unpack there I had the same result. In my son's W10 desktop I had no issues. Any ideas ? 

I recently had the same issue, but if copied the iso to the Music folder, iso2dsd could see it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
26 minutes ago, Michael Christ said:

It does not work on my Mac (Big Sur), please could you explain what you have done? I have made all updates. Thx 

You have to download both zip files, expand them and move the content of the second zip into the first one

DOWNLOAD

Stefano

My audio system

1 hour ago, stefano_mbp said:

…. The second link shows a GitHub page … go to the bottom and expand the Assets paragraph, then download the zip file according to your OS

Thx so much for your help. I have downloaded both zip-files, unzipped them and copied the "SACD-ripper" files into the Iso2DSD-directory (side by side by the ISO2DSD software). Sorry to say, I can open the ISO2DSD software, see a SACD-ISO file, but after pushing the radio button "execute" nothing happens. I am using BigSur, do you think this may be the problem? Thx, Michael

• 2 months later...