IGNORED

Article: Meet The Audiophile Style Community | Volume 12

@kirkmc, not sure if you're aware of the ATC speakers, but the ATC factory can't be too far from where you live. I would strongly recommend a visit to see first hand how they design and manufacture everything in house including all the speaker drivers and electronics.
I visited the factory twice; once in 1998 and the last time in 2016.

Some amazing concerts!
My most impressive concert has to be Pink Floyd at the Wembley Stadium in the later 80s. 

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

9 hours ago, ASRMichael said:

👍I love music, but unlike most people here I'm not searching for perfect sound; music is more important to me than sound.

I would love to get back to this place! I just need to stop the search for more! I’m on the journey now, I’m a recovering audiophile! 

What a breath of fresh air, especially after the million dollar system approach in the article next door.

I'm assuming you are familiar with this album. One of my all time favorites. Haven't listened to it in a while - thanks for the reminder!

RoonShareImage-637391526375167710.png.f008e87f55ceb0ed3f81186cabd7f4c3.png

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

And what beautiful serene listening/working areas you have. Love the look of those white and silver KEF's.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

20 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

And what beautiful serene listening/working areas you have. Love the look of those white and silver KEF's.

Last year, I minimalized my workspace. One thing I wanted was to get rid of ugly black speakers; I previously had Focal Chorus speakers, which were very good, and I like the Kefs even more. Yes, I don’t spend a lot on my gear, but I decided that the look is almost as important as the sound. 

I write about Macs, music, and more at Kirkville.

Author of Take Control of macOS Media Apps

Co-host of The Next Track podcast.

39 minutes ago, kirkmc said:

Last year, I minimalized my workspace. One thing I wanted was to get rid of ugly black speakers; I previously had Focal Chorus speakers, which were very good, and I like the Kefs even more. Yes, I don’t spend a lot on my gear, but I decided that the look is almost as important as the sound. 

I like white speakers too. Here is my glass clad Audio Physic Compact Classics I got last year. My wife was wondering about white stands, but can't have everything.

3dbfe31f625058c7f9b1df80ab67b86fcead5da0_2_750x1000.jpeg

4 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

White speaker wire too?

Yep. Chord Rumor 2. I got lucky - was trying to figure out how to cross over the set of French doors and thinking I would need to go under and tear off a bunch of ceiling skin in my office to rout through joists. Then looked at my local dealers used list and he had a 25' pair of Rumor 2 for $175. My wife was fine with it up and  around and then down the back of a big painting on the  wall other side of the doors. Sounds fine to me and no need to look for anything else. Like Kirk says, aesthetics are half the battle (well for me at least). Room is bit of a mess at the moment with kid stuff and Halloween decorations. 

PXL_20201020_153404944 copy.jpg

17 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Yep. Chord Rumor 2. I got lucky - was trying to figure out how to cross over the set of French doors and thinking I would need to go under and tear off a bunch of ceiling skin in my office to rout through joists. Then looked at my local dealers used list and he had a 25' pair of Rumor 2 for $175. My wife was fine with it up and  around and then down the back of a big painting on the  wall other side of the doors. Sounds fine to me and no need to look for anything else. Like Kirk says, aesthetics are half the battle (well for me at least). Room is bit of a mess at the moment with kid stuff and Halloween decorations. 

PXL_20201020_153404944 copy.jpg

Love it. Aesthetics are huge for me as well. I have no issues saying it either. Some of us can walk and chew gum at the same time :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

The Wall, 1980, Nassau Coliseum.  40 years on and it still stands as the most spectacular, over the top rock concert, I have ever seen, and we saw our fair share of amazing shows back then.  I remember leaning over to a friend and saying that someone in the first 15 rows, who is doing any hallucenogenic, ain't coming back tonight.

On 10/25/2020 at 1:20 AM, charlesphoto said:

I like white speakers too. Here is my glass clad Audio Physic Compact Classics I got last year. My wife was wondering about white stands, but can't have everything.

3dbfe31f625058c7f9b1df80ab67b86fcead5da0_2_750x1000.jpeg

Some places do respraying on both car paints and powder coating. The Midlands is full of place but some do small jobs other than big industry for powder coating.  If the cost is right it might be an option.

Small car repair places ect....

Just a thought if it keeps the wife happy....

5 minutes ago, Middy said:

Some places do respraying on both car paints and powder coating. The Midlands is full of place but some do small jobs other than big industry for powder coating.  If the cost is right it might be an option.

Small car repair places ect....

Just a thought if it keeps the wife happy....

Nah, she's happy. She always makes one comment about whatever new speakers I drag in and then that's that, as long as they aren't in the way, tip over, or horrendously huge and ugly. When I did bring Ls50's home (known the office) she did comment "now those are some sexy looking speakers." 

• 2 weeks later...

@kirkmc,  Ahh, I was at that 1978 Yes show at MSG "with" you.  I remember most of it fairly well, which is surprising considering my state of mind at the time.  Heart of the Sunrise was amazing at that performance.

Thanks for sharing.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio