IGNORED

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I love this post as it touches on something I've been thinking about since I read your first post and also reminds me of my stance that art can't be judged, only appreciated (or not) and enjoyed (or not). It's also fantastic that you have interests/skills on both sides of the issue (listener and artist). 

As crazy as this sounds, it's a little like the objectivist guys who like components that measure better even though this better measurement can't be heard. Guitarists seem to like harder to play material, just because it's harder to play and objectivists like better measuring gear because it's harder to design. There's no right or wrong, just different people with different background liking different things.

For example, this track from King Crimson is incredibly boring to me and the opposite of enjoyable. Yet, many guitarists fawn over it. Think about how the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performance would've been if this track would've been played rather than what was played. The guitarists in the audience would have loved it much more. 

44 minutes ago, 57gold said:

Yup, good music is what moves you.  

Found the King Crimson piece interesting but it wouldn't get played in my music room for enjoyment.  There is a lot of room between Prince's solo and the KC performance...like what Eric Johnson might have played or say Satriani in his more lyrical moments, like his 1995 album Satriani, which upon recent re listening is great soulful playing, where technique takes a back seat (one to check out).

Still one of my favorite guitarist, bar none, is Keef.  What he does with his chord work and riffs which are the foundation of all great Stones tunes, is harmonically simple but immediately identifiable and kick ass.  The guy almost can't play lead parts, but what he does is great.  And he surprises you, like with this performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXUO_GAV2mQ

12 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Agree 100%

Several years ago when @Jud visited my house, he played a Stones tune for me, where KR delayed his playing a split second to make the track magic. Stuff like this is golden. 

I like them all.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)