IGNORED

DigiOne Signature WiFi can't be enabled

evcam

New DigiOne Signature RPi4 and WiFi won't enable
am using SSH to DietPi-Config and when trying to enable WiFi "no supported WiFi hardware was found" comes up.  onboard wifi is "on" but WiFi says "Not found | (On) | Disconnected".    am i missing a driver or something?  I also tried the update to newer version of DietPi and that failed on some eprom thing but didn't fix wifi. I've also enabled and disabled it repeatedly and reinstalled the packages associated with WiFi, all to no avail. 

8 hours ago, evcam said:

am using SSH to DietPi-Config and when trying to enable WiFi "no supported WiFi hardware was found" comes up.  onboard wifi is "on" but WiFi says "Not found | (On) | Disconnected".    am i missing a driver or something?  I also tried the update to newer version of DietPi and that failed on some eprom thing but didn't fix wifi. I've also enabled and disabled it repeatedly and reinstalled the packages associated with WiFi, all to no avail. 

Forwarded PM please check

• 3 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 3:23 PM, evcam said:

Did you get a resolution from Allo? I have the same issue with a Allo Boss 1.2. Seems to be a common thing?

• 1 month later...

I had multiple issues with Diet-Pi "out of the box", including WiFi.  The documentation is far from adequate imho.

I switched to RoPiee and had everything working, including Wi-Fi ,within a few minutes.

I'm unclear why RoPiee is not an option at purchase, because it seems to be a much more novice friendly solution.

I am asking in another thread if there is any reason not to run with RoPiee.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, nickd said:

I had multiple issues with Diet-Pi "out of the box", including WiFi.  The documentation is far from adequate imho.

I switched to RoPiee and had everything working, including Wi-Fi ,within a few minutes.

I'm unclear why RoPiee is not an option at purchase, because it seems to be a much more novice friendly solution.

I am asking in another thread if there is any reason not to run with RoPiee.

Thanks.

Ropieee OS will work with Digione signature player.

Customer can use any OS with Digione player as per their convenience.

SQ will be same for both OS's