IGNORED

Article: Making Memories In Santa Monica

Cool trip...but maybe should have saved it for winter❄️

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

Are you still in Santa Monica??

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I'm pretty sure I don't want to know the cost of all that stuff, but I bet the sound was amazing!

Thanks for sharing the experience, Chris.  Actually, I'd be curious about the total cost (ballpark).  Glad they used the speakers in your preferred color.  THAT, is customer service.  :)    

Do you listen that loud at home?  If so, maybe your wife could talk with my wife...  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

10 minutes ago, PYP said:

Thanks for sharing the experience, Chris.  Actually, I'd be curious about the total cost (ballpark).  Glad they used the speakers in your preferred color.  THAT, is customer service.  :)    

Do you listen that loud at home?  If so, maybe your wife could talk with my wife...  

My guess, without looking everything up, is that the system is probably around $900,000.

I don't listen that loud at home. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Which is more than my current home, our last home and the previous home to that in value combined.

It is crazy...

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

14 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Like all things considered to be the best, it’s expensive. I completely get it. That said, I’d happily drive a $13,000,000 Rolls Royce Sweptail and write about the experience. 

Can you dig through your couch and find me a measly 500k to buy a Singer 911 with?  ;)

Edit, you didn't hurt yourself clearing snow today did you?

No electron left behind.

Sounds like a fun trip, but man you have younger ears than me. One track and I'd be turn that down! I'm also suffering from an earache at the moment so the thought of three Van Halen albums is unbearable. Some Vivaldi or Agnes Obel perhaps...

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I’m letting Mother Nature clear this snow. The sun better shine tomorrow :~)

Set up a hot air blower using your amps.   Bet you wished you went Tube now.

11 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

My guess, without looking everything up, is that the system is probably around $900,000.

Nice system but at that cost...I want Christmas lights...Gratuitous Tube Glow Shot

You're a lucky boy doing what you love Chris. Surreptitiously enjoying such wonders through your eyes. I could do a Van Gogh and post my ears on your next trip... 

Videos of super systems playing seem more popular now, maybe next time take your recorder... video or sound..

Dave

20 minutes ago, Middy said:

You're a lucky boy doing what you love Chris. Surreptitiously enjoying such wonders through your eyes. I could do a Van Gogh and post my ears on your next trip... 

Videos of super systems playing seem more popular now, maybe next time take your recorder... video or sound..

Dave

I hear you about videos, but that would be like taking a Polaroid of a 3D IMAX film :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Interesting how there's the concept that it's impossible to capture how well a rig is working - what happens with a "low resolution" capture is that the misdemeanours of the playback are quite easily picked up, and come through loud and clear on even something like a YouTube clip. It's the absence of any anomalies in clip playback, that one is unable to detect any giveaways that the SQ is not optimum that tell the story - not, that suddenly say your laptop speakers sound, absolutely fabulous, 😉.

4 minutes ago, fas42 said:

Interesting how there's the concept that it's impossible to capture how well a rig is working - what happens with a "low resolution" capture is that the misdemeanours of the playback are quite easily picked up, and come through loud and clear on even something like a YouTube clip. It's the absence of any anomalies in clip playback, that one is unable to detect any giveaways that the SQ is not optimum that tell the story - not, that suddenly say your laptop speakers sound, absolutely fabulous, 😉.

I don't want to go off into the weeds, but there's no way to know if the bad sound quality is from the terrible A to D converter in the phone doing the recording or the terrible codec used by YouTube etc...