IGNORED

Best sounding NAS for ROON

Well, first of all, the Aurender isnt a NAS. I have no idea what the NAIM Core is, but I bet it's not a NAS as well. The QNAP is a NAS.

Unless you want to spend a lot of money, you may not be able to beat the Aurender W20. If you want to throw money at the problem, I think the Taiko Extreme is 50+ thousand dollars.

https://taikoaudio.com/taiko-2020/

It was also exceptionally thoroughly reviewed here on Audiophile Style: 

No electron left behind.

15 hours ago, joeling said:

Perhaps let me rephrase this so that it is easier to understand. I am using ROON to stream to my DCS. I pull music out from the Aurender W20 hdd. Although the primary function of the Aurender is not as a storage device, I find that I can map it as a storage device under ROON. Same goes to Naim Uniti CORE which usually serves as a storage device for Naim streamers, amongst its other functions. So, I am looking for a NAS or similar that can top the Aurender in this capacity. I am not looking for a music server at the moment as budget is severely limited.

You have one of the best music servers on the market already in the Aurender W20, and short of some pretty amazing items, you're not going to beat it. I'm not sure why you're using it as a network storage device though. Why not use it as the server and plug it into your DAC and use the Aurender App? You don't even need Roon with an Aurender and the Control App.

No electron left behind.