IGNORED

NetGear Powerline 1200 - internet extending --> Ethernet

So my router is a good bit far away from where my streamer will be, I did try to use a WiFi extender with an ethernet out and it would often lag out and disconnect .. so I am thinking of going with a power line extender (the one I'm looking at is Netgear 1200)..  

Three questions ..

1. Anyone have experience with this, how is it working out?  

2. If I net 50-80 MegaBits speed, will that be plenty?  I read somewhere you only need 3-5 megabits to steam music 

3. Will the RF of the internet signal cause issues with my mains in terms of RF noise thus harming the sound of my system? if so, will a simple power conditioner strip cure this?

I have an older unit (Trendnet? Or maybe a Netgear unit...I like Netgear equipment)  that has been installed for several years and have had not issues.  I have it feeding an ethernet connection to an AV receiver, located in the next room, that does not have WiFi capability. Has worked when I need it to.  I tested basic streaming from my NAS and getting firmware updates.  No problem other than the cludgy Marantz software.

My understanding, but no confirmation, is it works very well when on the same circuit. 

Purchase from somewhere that you can return if it does not work.  All you can do is try.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers