IGNORED

Seeking a Stylus endpoint device

I'd like to try a 2 device  setup with Euphony. I have an i7 NUC normally running Stylus server, what I'd like to do is run a quality device like microRendu or an iPhone

as Stylus endpoint; my gripe with NUC is that is has its limitations for how clean the USB output is. Any suggestions on a device that can run

Stylus endpoint thats not a NUC or PC? I wasn't impressed when I tried other NUC's as Stylus endpoint.

Right now I'm trialing  using touch/iPhone as Roonbridge with Euphony server as Roon core, its much cleaner than when I use the NUC as Roon core/endpoint

but it isn't as musically persuasive as running Stylus server.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2020 at 9:41 PM, bobfa said:

Dave,

There are so many you could try.  A simple Raspberry Pi would be interesting.  An Allo USBRidge Sig is a few steps up from that.  Trying to keep the $$ reasonable.   Getting a used Rendu of some sort would be nice also.

bob

BTDT. I sold a microRendu 12 months ago because a Pentium NUC endpoint running Audio-Linux was more resolving, dynamic. The big BUT is that

even with Uptone Audio power supplies the 3 NUC's Ive used (Pentium, i3, i7) still generate more USB  irritants/artifacts than a MR. Tried Stylus

again on the i3 NUC as Stylus endpoint last weekend, its just loses something compared to 1 box Stylus server/endpoint, and irritants remain.

Am starting to think along the lines of a reclocker like the SoTM TX USB Ultra or a new server build that allows a JCAT USB Femto.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system