IGNORED

Measure convoluted center&surround in REW?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello armani... not sure if you ever figured this out, but in case you did not, and/or if anyone else is curious, you have to generate and record a sweep in REW with a timing reference and play it back thru Roon using the File method measurement in REW.  You can choose the channel you want to measure in REW.

Here is the link to the REW help file that explains how to do this... http://www.roomeqwizard.com/betahelp/help_en-GB/html/makingmeasurements.html#fileplayback

Regards,

Sonnie

On 10/25/2020 at 12:09 AM, Sonnie said:

Hello armani... not sure if you ever figured this out, but in case you did not, and/or if anyone else is curious, you have to generate and record a sweep in REW with a timing reference and play it back thru Roon using the File method measurement in REW.  You can choose the channel you want to measure in REW.

Here is the link to the REW help file that explains how to do this... http://www.roomeqwizard.com/betahelp/help_en-GB/html/makingmeasurements.html#fileplayback

Regards,

Sonnie

Hey Sonnie.

Thanks for your reply. When going to the signal generator and save to file mode, you can only select left, right or both front channels. There's no option for center, or surround channels. Have you done this yourself with surround channels?

34 minutes ago, armani-thomas said:

Hey Sonnie.

Thanks for your reply. When going to the signal generator and save to file mode, you can only select left, right or both front channels. There's no option for center, or surround channels. Have you done this yourself with surround channels?

Hi Armani...

Yep... I see what you mean.  We need to get John to see about adding those other channels for those who are using filters on their surround speakers.  I will bring this up to him.  You might also start a new thread in the REW support forum over at AV NIRVANA asking him to do the same.

Regards,

Sonnie

3 hours ago, armani-thomas said:

Hey Sonnie.

Audacity, a free audio edit tool, can read a generated signal audio file.

It allows the duplication of a mono/stereo track enabling the creation of a multi channel audio file.

Yeah I just found Audacity a couple of hours ago. Have been fiddling with it an hour or so, to figure out how to export to other channels. Now I got it to work! So happy, I've been looking for a solution for ages 😆

I think its super weird it's so hard to find information on this topic. Seems like I'm the only one in the world with the need for confirming that my surround filters actually work as they are supposed to 😃

20 hours ago, armani-thomas said:

Yeah I just found Audacity a couple of hours ago. Have been fiddling with it an hour or so, to figure out how to export to other channels. Now I got it to work! So happy, I've been looking for a solution for ages 😆

I think its super weird it's so hard to find information on this topic. Seems like I'm the only one in the world with the need for confirming that my surround filters actually work as they are supposed to 😃

Glad you got something figured out.  John is considering it.  If you can post your use of Audacity over in the REW Support Forum, that would be great.

Regards,

Sonnie