IGNORED

Prospective user question re use with no server

Hi, sorry if this is a novice question but having looked through I couldn’t find a ready answer. So I have a synology NAS and an Opera Consonance Reference 8 Pro (streamerwith UPnP and DLNA plus DAC ) connected through a switch. The consonance reference pro is used to stream Tidal and play the music files on the Synology NAS. So I have no music sever, I guess the Consonance reference pro 8 is acting as the server. So in this configuration am I likely to see a benefit in playing my files from the synology Nas and the Tidal stream from the Internet ? With international supply chains in disarray I thought I would ask this as the great 30 day return offer is unlikely to be a practical option. Many thanks and apologies if too obvious a question.

Since you posted this in the Uptone Audio Forum, have you forgotten to ask if this is about the EtherRegen in your chain?

If so, Yes. I run a Synology NAS for my music files and use Roon to play and stream. The EtherRegen powered by Paul Hynes SR4 and his silver power cable makes a huge difference. You will not be sending back the EtherRegen.

If it's not about the EtherRegen or any other Uptone Audio Product, you should ask your question in another forum.

Regards

GG