IGNORED

⚽️ Music Stuff / 56 essential albums for audiophiles

Agree, Bob ... all the recent stuff, 😁, means a big fat zero to me - a good selection of the pre 2000 albums do resonate with me. Curious about the Dusty in Memphis album - this is one I've found requires a rig to be absolutely on top of its form, to not make elements in the mix sound off ...

I agree the list is sort of odd and not necessarily audiophile.

Also some odd comments, for instance the declaration that the 2009 version of Abbey Road is considered the best one. Surely lots of disagreement on that among audiophiles. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

the list is ok for me personally, mainly because it covers artists I am acustomed to.
I like the majority of albums for their music, not for their ranking as audiohile classics.
Quite funny that they revive the cautionary tale of My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless", which tells you that your audiophile system isn't resolving enough if you can't enjoy this extraordinary tune "To here know when".
They must be British, aren't they ?

7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I don't let other people tell me what music I should listen to or buy...

1 hour ago, AnotherSpin said:

What if they still do? :-)

They get an invitation for a short flight during which they somehow fall out of the plane.. Don't they.? ;) @AudioDoctor

Ps. As for Daft Punk: Random Access Memories - it actually sounds spectacular indeed.

7 hours ago, DuckToller said:

the list is ok for me personally, mainly because it covers artists I am acustomed to.
I like the majority of albums for their music, not for their ranking as audiophile classics.
Quite funny that they revive the cautionary tale of My Bloody Valentine's "Loveless", which tells you that your audiophile system isn't resolving enough if you can't enjoy this extraordinary tune "To here know when".
They must be British, aren't they ?

Dublin, Ireland 

Like any list there is some really good music, some I need to check out, and some I know I will not like (even though I think I have).  Interesting that this list does not include the typical "standards".  As a bonus this list does contain the first album I ever purchased with my own money when I was 10-11 years old, the Marvin Gaye listing.

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers