IGNORED

AMR/iFi announces the iFi micro iDSD signature

By chance (searching for some iFi iDSD pro information) I noted today on the iFi website that the company announces a new version of the iDSD micro.

https://ifi-audio.com/products/micro-idsd-signature/

They say it is "Out of this world:"
"- Sporting a Space Blue finish and powered by a built-in rechargeable battery, the micro iDSD Signature is a transportable DAC/headphone amp that’s ready for anything that the universe throws at it.
- Battery power means it’s ultra-clean with ultra-stable DC power and avoids the pitfalls of AC mains – dips, spike and noise-inducing RFI/EMI pollution.
- And with up to 12 hours playing time, depending on the headphones and performance mode engaged, it feels like you could take it to the moon and back."

iDSDSignature_12-e1601478094323.thumb.jpg.5874e9d061eef66567906dbbd73111d6.jpg

New seems to be some circuitry and the 4,4 mm Pentaconn output. Here's the link to the manual
https://ifi-audio.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/micro-iDSD-Signature-User-Manual_1.0.pdf

Gearslutz notes:
" The iFi micro iDSD Signature is available later this month from selected retailers, at an RRP of £649, (€699, US$649). Only a limited number will be made, so those wishing to get hold of the Signature edition of iFi’s landmark transportable DAC/headphone amp should act fast to avoid disappointment."

The perfect gift for iFi fanboys and those who who want to get there. ;-)
Based on my iFi micro iDSD BL which I use in this moment writing the news listening to Fink's "Bloom Innocent - Acoustic" via the HD650 phones, I think this may be money spent well on a versatile & excellent digital analogue conversion. I use the BL DAC since 3 years in the main system or as hp amp at my desk without noting any flaw and great excitement when pushing through DSD512 (under ROON)

1205891716_OperaMomentaufnahme_2020-10-09_170637_ifi-audio_com.thumb.png.903a309e96c0b9a133abccd8bd982b9d.png

Cheers, Tom