IGNORED

opticalRendu 'crashes'

Hi all,

have been using my opticalRendu for a few months now. Very happy with the sound quality. I do have an issue though. Every now and then (a few times per week) the opticalRendu suddenly stops playing (disappears from Roon)

When I want to connect through a browser this does not work. The only thing that I can do, is to unplug the power and plug it back. Then it works normally.

I checked the software, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. The problem does not go away. 

Any ideas on what to do?

I use the Farad Super3 Power supply (7V)

Kind regards

Richard

3 hours ago, RichardK said:

Hi all,

have been using my opticalRendu for a few months now. Very happy with the sound quality. I do have an issue though. Every now and then (a few times per week) the opticalRendu suddenly stops playing (disappears from Roon)

When I want to connect through a browser this does not work. The only thing that I can do, is to unplug the power and plug it back. Then it works normally.

I checked the software, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps. The problem does not go away. 

Any ideas on what to do?

I use the Farad Super3 Power supply (7V)

Kind regards

Richard

How's the temp of the unit? Maybe try running it for awhile with a small fan pointing at it. Could be a thermal cutout. But yeah, Sonore forum best way to go for contact with Sonore (or old fashioned email!). 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

On 10/7/2020 at 12:27 PM, RichardK said:

Every now and then (a few times per week) the opticalRendu suddenly stops playing (disappears from Roon)

Typical a network issue. Maybe your SSD in Roon starts to have issues. Let us know how you solved this. 

1 hour ago, RichardK said:

Sonore support suggest I change my DHCP Lease time. It is now one hour, so changed that to 2 days.

Normally, if possible, you set a fixed IP address towards the opticalRendu and Roon in your router. Also check if router has latest firmware. 
If you have problems the next days, it’s helpful if you describe your network including server/Roon etc. 

10 hours ago, RichardK said:

Sonore support suggest I change my DHCP Lease time. It is now one hour, so changed that to 2 days.

I also did not look what colour the LED was when it happens

That may not be enough. Search" MAC/ip Binding" or" Fixed ip address" for your router model and set a fixed ip address. That eliminates the lease time problem.