IGNORED

The new Sonore opticalModule Deluxe

New upgraded (and expensive) FMC

http://sonore.us/opticalModule-Deluxe.html

https://forums.sonicorbiter.com/forum/support-for-sonore-products/announcements/559-introducing-the-sonore-opticalmodule-deluxe

Somehow it’s at this time not clear exactly what speeds supported. I expect Sonore will update their website. But quite sure it’s the support of 100Mbps is the news. 

• Supports both 100 speed and 1000 speed network devices
  • For 1000 speed capable networks only

I would like to see SFP+ supported. Maybe next year 😀

Other than the 100 mbps speed compatibility, the +45 usd only brings "Improved circuit layout" to performance?

1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7

2. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Apollon NC502MP - Monitor Audio PL100

3. Hidizs S8 - Audeze LCDi3

4. TempoTec Sonata HD - 1More Triple Driver IEM

Supporting 100 speed seems to indicate that you could now place this new oM between the etherREGEN (b-side out at 100 speed) and an opticalRendu.

Currently, you have to switch the eR around so the a-side connects to the oR via the SFP connection which means you "lose" the use of the a-side Ethernet ports.

Eric

Ubuntu Studio Linux box (i7-9700, 8 cores, 16GB RAM, Intel X520-DA1 NIC, Roon, HQP) > fiber optic > MikroTik CRS305-1G-4S+ > fiber optic > opticalRendu (HQP NAA) > Holo Cyan (DSD version) > Nord One UP NC500MB mono blocks > Klipsch La Scala — digital volume control with HQP via Roon client

51 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hmm. I better ask Jesus what this means.

DELUXE FEATURES

• Supports both 100 speed and 1000 speed network devices

FEATURES

• For 1000 speed capable networks only

Probalby means a copy-paste from the opticalModule Original and forgot to edit the text in the bottom. :D

1. Sonore ultraRendu - UpTone ISO Regen - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NC800 SL PRO - Thiel CS3.7

2. RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Apollon NC502MP - Monitor Audio PL100

3. Hidizs S8 - Audeze LCDi3

4. TempoTec Sonata HD - 1More Triple Driver IEM

A lot of high end streamers use only 10/100 inputs for ethernet (i.e. Naim) so this has been an issue with the oM. It should have been 10/100 to begin with imo. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: 10Gtek FMC>Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

It's in the larger opticalRendu/LPS 1.2/etherRegen case as well, so one can use the double face plate. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: 10Gtek FMC>Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab.