Jump to content
IGNORED

Article: I Finally Got It!


Recommended Posts

Quote

I enjoy collection these albums, but I don't own a turntable.

 

Oh my , my , my

 

Dude..... you have to get one

 

with all due respect, I can't really respect your audiophile credentials if you are stuck in a digital world. Sure, I listen to and enjoy digital, but the best digital in the world just can't take you where good analog does

 

Music IS analog

 

your whole life revolves around music,  therefore your life is incomplete when all the music you listen to is chopped up into bits... sorry, , it isn't debatable, that's just the way it is

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bbosler said:

 

Oh my , my , my

 

Dude..... you have to get one

 

with all due respect, I can't really respect your audiophile credentials if you are stuck in a digital world. Sure, I listen to and enjoy digital, but the best digital in the world just can't take you where good analog does

 

Music IS analog

 

your whole life revolves around music,  therefore your life is incomplete when all the music you listen to is chopped up into bits... sorry, , it isn't debatable, that's just the way it is

 

With all due respect, I disagree. I've heard the best vinyl on systems consisting of the best components in the best rooms. Sure it's good, but the best digital to me is better. Live to two track digital can't be beat in my opinion. 

 

Anyway, not the subject of this article and all further discussion about it will be removed.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites

At some point I have a feeling you need a nice photo print of the boys for your listening room walls. ;)

 

It's funny to think about skateboarding with Jeff back in '84 when he first moved to Seattle. Seems like both yesterday and an eternity. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: 10Gtek FMC>Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

At some point I have a feeling you need a nice photo print of the boys for your listening room walls. ;)

 

It's funny to think about skateboarding with Jeff back in '84 when he first moved to Seattle. Seems like both yesterday and an eternity. 

Add to cart. 
 

¡I’m more than jealous!

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

Spin, spin, spin the black circle! Eddie dj'ing on Pearl Jam's pirate Monkeywrench Radio, Seattle, 1998. 

Pearl Jam Eddie Monkeywrench DJ.jpg

Damn amazing! I listened to Monkeywrench Radio when the local station broadcasted it. So cool!!! 
 

What a shot!!!

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With all due respect, I disagree. I've heard the best vinyl on systems consisting of the best components in the best rooms. Sure it's good, but the best digital to me is better. Live to two track digital can't be beat in my opinion. 

 

Anyway, not the subject of this article and all further discussion about it will be removed.

What happened, did someone hit you on the head with a turntable when you were a kid? 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Chris, that was a wonderful story. I understand that collecting obsession. It’s terrific when you find your holy grail.  Mazel Tov!

 

I have but a couple of Pearl Jam collectibles, one of which travels in my briefcase and is pictured in the attached. I bet you have this one as well. Cheers. JCR 

4804DFE4-385C-4A47-81E8-45B2921256F8.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Great story, Chris.  Passion makes this hobby go.

 

Does sound like something from the Vinyl Detective books...well, without the murder, sex and cats (but I know you just left that stuff out for "rating" purposes):  https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=vinyl+detective+andrew+cartmel&crid=AGQL9COLDF9Q&sprefix=vinyl+detective%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_15

 

 

Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

Ethernet:  iMac/Roon > ... in-wall 5e ... > Sonore opticalModule [Sonore 5V LPS] > UpTone EtherREGEN + Cybershaft OP13 [UpTone JS-2 LPS] > Tambaqui ( = DAC/Roon Endpoint/preamp)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m disappointed.  From the title of this thread and the images, I thought you were going to reveal that you finally “got” vinyl and that Mikey Fremer was popping over to yours to help install your new TOTL SME deck.
 

Guess we have to wait just that bit longer..?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jrobbins50 said:


Chris, that was a wonderful story. I understand that collecting obsession. It’s terrific when you find your holy grail.  Mazel Tov!

 

I have but a couple of Pearl Jam collectibles, one of which travels in my briefcase and is pictured in the attached. I bet you have this one as well. Cheers. JCR 

4804DFE4-385C-4A47-81E8-45B2921256F8.jpeg


Thanks JCR. I absolutely have that Pono player. I have number 10. Of all numbers, Ten is of course the magical PJ number. 

 

 

 

5 hours ago, PYP said:

Great story, Chris.  Passion makes this hobby go.

 

Does sound like something from the Vinyl Detective books...well, without the murder, sex and cats (but I know you just left that stuff out for "rating" purposes):  https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=vinyl+detective+andrew+cartmel&crid=AGQL9COLDF9Q&sprefix=vinyl+detective%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_15

 

 


Thanks PYP. Interesting books. Never heard of that series. It sounds far more interesting than my mundane life :~)

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Norton said:

I’m disappointed.  From the title of this thread and the images, I thought you were going to reveal that you finally “got” vinyl and that Mikey Fremer was popping over to yours to help install your new TOTL SME deck.
 

Guess we have to wait just that bit longer..?


You know what they say about pigs flying :~)

 

Only kidding. Some day it will happen. 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 6:23 PM, charlesphoto said:

It's funny to think about skateboarding with Jeff back in '84 when he first moved to Seattle. Seems like both yesterday and an eternity. 

Here’s a great interview with Jeff. He talks about many people you probably know. 
 

 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobfa said:

Chris,

 

I do not know Peal Jam.  Can you recommend a first listen track or album list?  What is the essence of the band?  I know you mentioned favorites in the article.  

 

 

bob

I can’t speak for Chris but their debut album Ten, made them who they are.  It’s a classic album and should be listened to from start to finish, just as an album should be. It’s about 53 minutes depending the version you have.  There’s a lot a diversity on that album, within the grunge sound.  4 songs were mega hits on the radio/MTV but it’s the other songs that I’m attracted to.  I won’t tell you the hits, that’s for you decide, if you even like this kind of music. Way to have an open mind, rock on. 
 

Shawn 

PC/NAS/JRiver/Roon - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - KEF LS50 Nocturne - Rel 328 subwoofer - PS Audio AC5 Power cables 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bobfa said:

Chris,

 

I do not know Peal Jam.  Can you recommend a first listen track or album list?  What is the essence of the band?  I know you mentioned favorites in the article.  

 

 

bob

Here's an old article with some recommendations - 

 

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...