IGNORED

Article: I Finally Got It!

3 minutes ago, bbosler said:

Oh my , my , my

Dude..... you have to get one

with all due respect, I can't really respect your audiophile credentials if you are stuck in a digital world. Sure, I listen to and enjoy digital, but the best digital in the world just can't take you where good analog does

Music IS analog

your whole life revolves around music,  therefore your life is incomplete when all the music you listen to is chopped up into bits... sorry, , it isn't debatable, that's just the way it is

With all due respect, I disagree. I've heard the best vinyl on systems consisting of the best components in the best rooms. Sure it's good, but the best digital to me is better. Live to two track digital can't be beat in my opinion. 

Anyway, not the subject of this article and all further discussion about it will be removed.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

At some point I have a feeling you need a nice photo print of the boys for your listening room walls. ;)

It's funny to think about skateboarding with Jeff back in '84 when he first moved to Seattle. Seems like both yesterday and an eternity. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

6 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

At some point I have a feeling you need a nice photo print of the boys for your listening room walls. ;)

It's funny to think about skateboarding with Jeff back in '84 when he first moved to Seattle. Seems like both yesterday and an eternity. 

Add to cart. 

¡I’m more than jealous!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

6 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

With all due respect, I disagree. I've heard the best vinyl on systems consisting of the best components in the best rooms. Sure it's good, but the best digital to me is better. Live to two track digital can't be beat in my opinion. 

Anyway, not the subject of this article and all further discussion about it will be removed.

What happened, did someone hit you on the head with a turntable when you were a kid? 

Chris, that was a wonderful story. I understand that collecting obsession. It’s terrific when you find your holy grail.  Mazel Tov!

I have but a couple of Pearl Jam collectibles, one of which travels in my briefcase and is pictured in the attached. I bet you have this one as well. Cheers. JCR 

4804DFE4-385C-4A47-81E8-45B2921256F8.jpeg

Great story, Chris.  Passion makes this hobby go.

Does sound like something from the Vinyl Detective books...well, without the murder, sex and cats (but I know you just left that stuff out for "rating" purposes):  https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=vinyl+detective+andrew+cartmel&crid=AGQL9COLDF9Q&sprefix=vinyl+detective%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_15

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

I’m disappointed.  From the title of this thread and the images, I thought you were going to reveal that you finally “got” vinyl and that Mikey Fremer was popping over to yours to help install your new TOTL SME deck.

Guess we have to wait just that bit longer..?

6 hours ago, jrobbins50 said:

Chris, that was a wonderful story. I understand that collecting obsession. It’s terrific when you find your holy grail.  Mazel Tov!

I have but a couple of Pearl Jam collectibles, one of which travels in my briefcase and is pictured in the attached. I bet you have this one as well. Cheers. JCR 

4804DFE4-385C-4A47-81E8-45B2921256F8.jpeg

Thanks JCR. I absolutely have that Pono player. I have number 10. Of all numbers, Ten is of course the magical PJ number. 

5 hours ago, PYP said:

Great story, Chris.  Passion makes this hobby go.

Does sound like something from the Vinyl Detective books...well, without the murder, sex and cats (but I know you just left that stuff out for "rating" purposes):  https://smile.amazon.com/s?k=vinyl+detective+andrew+cartmel&crid=AGQL9COLDF9Q&sprefix=vinyl+detective%2Caps%2C193&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_15

Thanks PYP. Interesting books. Never heard of that series. It sounds far more interesting than my mundane life :~)

1 hour ago, Norton said:

I’m disappointed.  From the title of this thread and the images, I thought you were going to reveal that you finally “got” vinyl and that Mikey Fremer was popping over to yours to help install your new TOTL SME deck.

Guess we have to wait just that bit longer..?

You know what they say about pigs flying :~)

Only kidding. Some day it will happen. 

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

Chris,

I do not know Peal Jam.  Can you recommend a first listen track or album list?  What is the essence of the band?  I know you mentioned favorites in the article.  

bob

I can’t speak for Chris but their debut album Ten, made them who they are.  It’s a classic album and should be listened to from start to finish, just as an album should be. It’s about 53 minutes depending the version you have.  There’s a lot a diversity on that album, within the grunge sound.  4 songs were mega hits on the radio/MTV but it’s the other songs that I’m attracted to.  I won’t tell you the hits, that’s for you decide, if you even like this kind of music. Way to have an open mind, rock on. 

Shawn 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...