IGNORED

Help with TV to PC to A/V Receiver

Question

Hi
I have a TV which is HDMI outputted to the HDMI slot in my Gigabyte 787-D3H motherboard in my PC. Then I'm outputting an HDMI from my Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 to an HDMI input in the back of my Pioneer VSX-522. I cannot get any sound when I play Itunes. Any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated. TIA

PS I have had this configuration working before but, I recently moved my whole system and now it's not working againimage.gif.291164f8a5de25f8c1cbc37b97a0108d.gif

2 answers to this question

I think you need to use the digital optical out on the tv to the pioneer digital optical in.

How are you using iTunes or whatever Apple calls it now?-- from you PC or streaming from an Apple TV

I have both a smart tv and non smart LED tv with an Amazon Fire Stick 4k and the smart tv uses an 4k Apple tv for streaming-- my iTunes library is available as well as a TIDAL app that has all my mixes and self made playlists just like my TIDAL subscription SQ not as good. The non smart tv with the fire stick does the same. On the smart TV I use the ARC HDMI out from the Apple TV into my new smart TV (sony 900h series) for some reason it doesn't work into ARC HDMI on the new sony receiver. Hope this helps.

@Bigpops sorry forgot this I have to use digital optical out on the nonsmart tv to my Schiit Yggdrasil GS DAC otherwise i don't think it will decode the DTS/DOLBY sound -sounds wonderful that way especially when watching movies sports etc ( I use a Schiit Rggy as my amp to Legacy Audio HD studio monitors as well as using the DAC/Amp for streaming Qobuz TIDAL ROON and Audirvana +3.5 bobbmd