IGNORED

Innuos Zenith Restarts

ehoz

14 hours ago, ehoz said:

Does anyone else find the innuos zenith sound quality starts to degrade every now and then. It helps with a restart... clear diff in resolution.

How often do you restart the server?

I thought I was imagining that!  You also reminded me that it’s been a while since I’ve felt the need to do this.  It seemed more of an issue when I had a Zenith Mk2 Std.  I can’t recall ever doing this with my Zenith Mk3, but I’ve only had it since August.  I’ll try a restart later.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

It would seem the cure for all IT sickness, is a restart. Flush the poop out s'pose.

Recently, there was a need to work on the 120V power which feeds all the IT equipment including the music server. Problem was during a short power utility brief dip, two transformers, 1000VA and 2000VA Topaz energising at the same time tripped out the upstream 25A circuit breaker. After the re-start, I did notice the music was calm, but since then, nothing lasts nicely, the sound is back to what it is which isn't too bad really.

Will blame it on Roon.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA