IGNORED

I tried on the Roon forum, I will try here as well.

I am running Roonserver on a very minimal Arch install on my CAPS, and it appeared to work fine until one day I had to reboot my server and suddenly, despite the fact that my remotes could see the server, I could browse all my music, I could see and browse Qobuz, all my files appeared properly, and the server itself reported Roonserver was up and running properly, when I pressed play I would get a message that says "playback was interrupted because a track failed to load." After spending a good day or more trying everything I could think of, I uninstalled, and then reinstalled Roon Server using their Easy Set up scripts. Everything appeared to work great, except the same problem was there. I went over permissions for the drives, but thought if that were the problem then I wouldn't even be able to see the files. Finally, I tried a terminal command that worked for someone on the Roon forum and it worked. Upon every reboot I have to open a terminal and type "systemctl restart roonserver" to get my Roon Server to work and play music.

Anyone here have any idea what may be causing this?

No electron left behind.

7 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

Why not just keep it up and running? Why all the reboots? Most gear is best left on anyway. But I have no idea about CAPS gear, I'm just running ROCK on a NUC. That said, whenever I update Roon or if my NUC is powered down, I have to totally reset the database from a backup or the rotes won't find it. IMO Roon isn't quite as plug and play as they like to make it out to be. 

I actually forget why it needed to be rebooted, which led to this discovery, but rebooting it isn't something that happens often.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, lmitche said:

I have seen this with Archlinux and Roon several times when trying to play a Tidal track. I could be wrong, but it is likely a DNS setup problem.

Goto the command line and try to ping www.google.com . If you get an address related error, that proves it. 

In archlinux this can be fixed a dozen different ways, all are well documented, so pick one that meets your needs and go for it. You will probably need to change teh contents of your /etc/resolv.conf file.

No errors at all.

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

That’s a tough one. Rebooting obviously does the same thing (restarts Roonserver), but at a different time. It seems like roonserver is loading before something else it requires or part of loading roonserver does something that can’t be done at the time it loads at boot up. 

Have you checked the Roon logs to see what happens at initial load?

Are there any related logs in /var/log?

"have you checked the Roon logs..."

no, that would make too much sense. Going to do that now.  ha

No electron left behind.

19 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Are you running headless or the GUI version of Archlinux? Which network manager you are using?

If you like post the contents of /etc/hosts /etc/hostname and /etc/resolv.conf.

headless, but with a monitor attached so I can do CLI stuff there if I need to. I am still learning at this.

networkmanager.service is the network manager?

No electron left behind.

34 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Archlinux has several network management sub-systems. I don't use networkmanager.service so can't be of much help.

I can tell you that every time I've seen this error from Roon, it was a network configuration error that caused the problem.

Good luck.

Well, that gives me a good place to start looking.

DO you have a suggestion for what I should be using?

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, bobfa said:

I turn off background analysis and set on-demand to fast.  The antipodes folks like it set that way so it does not cause the processor to go wacko doing work that can be delayed.

I have a 67k track library and I have moved servers around, etc. no really long issues like that.

Doing that has never occurred to me. While analyzing my library took approximately 2 days on my mini, it took a few hours on the new CAPS server and then it's done until I add an album. I don't see what the benefit of that is except for the time it takes at the beginning.

No electron left behind.