IGNORED

Manley Labs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've owned their Manley Steelhead Phono pre-amp for about 11 years now. Still sounds awesome but the left channel is now about 1.5db down on its former settings. Valve changes did not change the left channel being lower output, so I contacted Manley Labs twice to see if there was anything I could "tweak" to re-level the channels and have been ignored both times.

So support is not one of their strengths and would not buy another Manley anything.

5 hours ago, GryphonGuy said:

I've owned their Manley Steelhead Phono pre-amp for about 11 years now. Still sounds awesome but the left channel is now about 1.5db down on its former settings. Valve changes did not change the left channel being lower output, so I contacted Manley Labs twice to see if there was anything I could "tweak" to re-level the channels and have been ignored both times.

So support is not one of their strengths and would not buy another Manley anything.

When I had questions, got quick answers from Eve Anna Manley, and all the help requested, including substitute valves. No communication problems whatsoever.

Dear Keith aka GryphonGuy,

Manley Tech support received your request on Jan 16, 2020 at 11:14pm and Paul in my Service Department wrote back to you promptly the next day. See below. Please check if you typed your email address correctly when you submitted the form? I suggest that you resubmit your Tech Support request to our team again. We have since changed to the ZenDesk platform for our Tech Support Ticket management and have also since hired additional Techs ready to assist you. Nobody gets ignored here at Manley Labs. 🙄

Screen Shot 2021-07-04 at 2.37.45 PM.png

Thanks to some help we can all see that Manley Labs is helping me with my Steelhead problem. The impression I received of Manley Labs ignoring me turned out to be simply non-receipt of their e-mails, most probably due to junk e-mail filters somewhere since the old support address was a generic squarespace address.

I think we need not carry the support on in public as I have been corresponding privately with Manley Labs and the help is flowing well now.

Regards

GG

4 hours ago, GryphonGuy said:

Thanks to some help we can all see that Manley Labs is helping me with my Steelhead problem. The impression I received of Manley Labs ignoring me turned out to be simply non-receipt of their e-mails, most probably due to junk e-mail filters somewhere since the old support address was a generic squarespace address.

I think we need not carry the support on in public as I have been corresponding privately with Manley Labs and the help is flowing well now.

Regards

GG

Do you continue to insist that the problem was on Manley Labs' side?

• 2 months later...

I am a huge Manley fan. I am the original owner of a Steelhead (coming up on seven years).  Regarding the comment above about the "best headphone amp", I hope the poster was referring to the 300B preamp which does also serve as an amazing headphone amp. I confess to have not heard the dedicated headphone amp but by most accounts its performance is not quite up with the best, though it is versatile and space-efficient. 

• 6 months later...

I own a number of Manley components and couldn't imagine better value for my money even with the recent price increases. I've had a minor service request; the response was immediate and their service impeccable.

Rather than purchasing the flavor of  the month (many of these companies will be history in ten years), buy from a US company with a stellar track record and staying power. Manley is one of the iconic US brands. BTW, their pro gear is in the best studios in the world.