IGNORED

HD Tracks 24bit/96kHz tracks available

Hi gab - You stole my thunder ;-) No worries. I've been talking to David Chesky about this over the last couple weeks and was under the impression it would go live tomorrow.

On a very related note, current Computer Audiophile members will see a neat little surprise in their email boxes fairly soon!

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Oops, Sorry Chris!! I was just excited to see some of my favorite labels available for download in hi res! Maybe they'll have even more stuff loaded tomorrow... regardless, they definitely have a great selection there right now.

I'll be eagerly checking my inbox!

Greg

Still no international purchase capability!

Chris, I have emailed them a few times about this but never get a reply. Can you use your inside connections to see if this is going to eventuate please? They are doing themselves out of plenty of business the way things are at present, and us "third worlders" are missing out big time...

Scott

Thanks Chris. Bummer about this - as a long-time Chesky CD fan, another step up in quality has me salivating. Ironically, I only returned from a business trip to the US today. Looks like I should have stayed a few days longer and filled up a portable drive while there! I will continue to keep my digits (bad pun) crossed for a breakthrough with all the complexities...

Scott

The restrictions on what you can download from a computer are very frustrating, especially so for expatriates. For example, BBC has iPlayer where the last weeks TV shows are available for 7 days. But only to UK residents. Similiar thing with iTunes, the TV series that are available to US residents are not available to me in France.

Some sites check IP address locations, others do it by where your creditcard is registered.

We're continually told "it's a global economy" but, it would appear that each market place is locally protected.

But you can still buy physical media from anywhere you wish!

regards

Peter

Asus Netbook -> Fidelity DA-150 > Chevron Audio Paradox > Avondale S-100 > Audium Comp 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What is making me even more frustrated is that I actually already own an extensive Reference Recordings CD collection. One of my all-time favourites (John Pizzarelli, My Blue Heaven) is now on 24/96 download. I really really really want this. Can anyone explain why, when I already own it on CD, that I not allowed to have it on then in another format?? The same goes for a handful of other RR albums. This is just nuts...

Scott

HI Scott - I hear your frustration and I think a lot of people with the 16/44.1 versions are also wishing they had the new 24/96 albums of those same releases. I can't speak for RR but I do know additional work was required to offer the albums in 24/96 resolution and I'm sure they need to recoup costs for those expenses. Plus, they have a business to run. I don't think major music labels like Warner Bros. would offer access to high resolution content for those who've already purchased the redbook CD version. I wish it were true but probably a dream at this point (for both of us).

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Chris, I wasnt so clear in my hastily penned rant (and my mistake - MBH is a Chesky CD). I was talking about the copyright issue. I fully expect to pay full price for a new version (that is why I own 3 different CD pressings of Dark side of the Moon - each supposedly sonically better than the last). What I was implying is that the reason which has been given for not allowing downloads outside of the US is copyright. But I have already paid a perfectly legitimate copyright royalty without any problem by driving to my friendly audio/Chesky dealer and walking out with a CD (I have also bought them via Amazon US also without problem). If I was not a copyright threat previously, then why am I when trying to buy the exact same thing via download? Do you think if I faxed them a nice smiling photo they would think I am trustworthy? Might be more sensible than the current system...very frustrating, as you have no doubt picked up on.

Scott

• 3 weeks later...