IGNORED

Best AV receiver for my setup?

rnorville

Question

Hey guys so I'm new to the audio scene just started building my first setup with klipsche speakers. I bought just a random receiver off of fb marketplace for the time being but am looking to upgrade to something better. How do I get the best sound out of my klipsche speakers? What kind of receiver should I get? Do I need a amplifier too? Help would be much appreciated. Looking to build a 7.2 setup eventually.

My setup:

- Yamaha RX-V473

- 2 Klipsche R 820F towers

- Klipsche R 34C center 

- Klipsche R110SW subwoofer

20200926_142904.jpg

5 answers to this question

Great looking and probably great sounding system what could you possibly need to make it better?

If you want 'better' but simpler look into Schiit Yggy(can do digital optical out from that big tv to the DAC great 2 channel sound from streaming services- TIDAL Qobuz ROON Audirvana+3.5 plus TV streamers ie YouTube TV Amazon Prime etc with USB/optical/coax/bnc inputs) and Rggy (just the amp as I don't see a turntable you'll have 3 RCA inputs with it) and for speakers although you have are great set up try Legacy Audio in Springfield Illinois not only speakers but amps etc all hand made just check out their web page.

IMHO don't need 7.1 system a pair or 2 pair of the Legacies HDs or Calibres will blow you away and make whole setup more tidy and not as overpowering(made my CFO very happy!!)

The "best" all-in-one box receivers are probably the Denon units.  But easily can be bettered with an AV Pre/Pro and separate amps. 

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers  

QNAP TS453Pro w/QLMS->Netgear Switch->Netgear RAX43 Router->Ethernet (50 ft)->Netgear switch->SBTouch ->SABAJ A10d->Linn Majik-IL (preamp)->Linn 2250->Linn Keilidh; Control Points: iPeng (iPad Air & iPhone); Also: Rega P3-24 w/ DV 10x5; OPPO 103; PC Playback: Foobar2000 & JRiver; Portable: iPhone 12 ProMax & Radio Paradise or NAS streaming; Sony NWZ ZX2 w/ PHA-3; SMSL IQ, Fiio Q5, iFi Nano iDSD BL; Garage: Edifier S1000DB Active Speakers