IGNORED

Lush^3 - Share your configuration experiences

PeterSt

Received my Lush 3 today, and out of the box the difference between it and my Lush 2 was quite noticeable.  It sounds very natural and unforced.  No need to turn up the volume, as I could hear background detail that was previously muffled very clearly.  Definitely very quiet.  I'd say that at least in my system the sound is quite intoxicating and draws me in.

I could have listened all afternoon, but put the system on mute and let it play.  I'll go back to it later.  Looking forward to seeing what comes forth after any break-in period.

Well done, Peter!

Colin

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, matthias said:

This is the best I’ve heard in my system so far.  All the things Peter said about A:B-Y-R B:W-Y & R-G I’m hearing here.  Tremendous clarity, gorgeous vocals. The urge to crank it up.  

The other way round I didn’t like it.  Something sounded not quite right.  I guess it shows there’s no best config for everyone.

Colin

11 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Hi Colin - Thank you for this.

To get it straight, you did NOT like the config Matthias referred to for for the better, correct ?

I'm asking, because your post quotes Matthias, and starts with "This".

Thus, the A: W-Y & R-G, B: B-Y-R would NOT be the better one over A: B-Y-R B: W-Y & R-G.

If so, I tend to agree with you;

I too don't come further than "with A: W-Y & R-G, B: B-Y-R something is not right". All what I could just recollect from last night's session is that the highs are too extreme for "SPL". So they are overly loud and too close to distortion because of that. It's only that individually playing instruments meant to jump out, do exactly that but in a fashion which is "too much" again ? And the danger (of wrong judgment): How can this be "too much" when it is about an instrument as a whole ? So it should be an explicitly goof feature ??

All 'n all I have not written off A: W-Y & R-G, B: B-Y-R yet. But "something is not right".

1894909286_AW-YR-GBB-Y-R-a.jpg.6d6d6f5a1a98c37be0262d53bee66701.jpg

Hi Peter,

No, I’m saying I think A: W-Y & R-G B: B-Y-R is better.

With this configuration I hear all the things you said about the opposite configuration.  I checked to make sure I didn’t have it the wrong way around, and I didn’t.  With A: B-Y-R B:W-Y & R-G it sounds dull in my system.

Strange, but true 😊

Colin

• 4 weeks later...