IGNORED

Lush^3 - Share your configuration experiences

PeterSt

The Lush^3s raised my digital chain. Literally! 40 cm is about 15 inches in new money, so I had to reorganize. 

To paraphrase Piazzola: It's hifi MF. You must suffer. 

They do sound very good out of the box, lovely detail, but they're still speaking Dutch and jet-lagged from the flight, so I'll leave them overnight babbling by themselves on low volume and "see" where we end up tomorrow. Thanks Peter.

4D97C80F-1F15-48BD-90EC-EA292C02D29F.jpeg

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

I will try to make and listen to Peter's new/best config this afternoon. I have been listening to the shipped config for a week or so. 

In my system I find/hear strong bass presence with shipped config. Detail is very good. Jazz selections (my primary focus) have been very, very good overall.

Last night I was itching for some changes, as it seemed to be missing something with music other than jazz.

Notably Dakh Daughters - Air: "Yaponske Kino" which I find to be a very dynamic track (Tidal) for testing. Seemed a little "off."

I always allow for the variable that it might be "me" that is actually "off." Quite likely.

I am new to Lush USBs.
Q: Anyone have experience/guidance re: matching configs into and out of Phoenix (or other) USB devices? Of course, I can experiment, but perhaps others have findings in this area? Cheers, Mark

I'm MarkusBarkus and I approve this post.10C78B47-4B41-4675-BB84-885019B72A8B.thumb.png.adc3586c8cc9851ecc7960401af05782.png

@PeterSt I now better understand your point here and previously on the Phasure blog. 

I do often use the cymbals and snares as an indication--a reference--of good level of detail. 

That was a key aspect of my comments about something lacking in the shipped config. I do very much agree with your statement about those details and their relationship to volume level.  

I find the "new" config: 

A: B-Y-R, B: W-Y & R-G    
to be "better" for my system and my ears, although it does require a shift in thinking/assessing what you are considering a high level of detail--if that is your reference/index feature. 

I do not find the more "submerged" cymbal/snare effect to apply to the highs on the vibraphone, which is also an index for me, so I can still use that critically.

Very interesting phenomenon.

@FileMakerDev - of course, no offense taken. Just kicking around our thoughts and experiences.

I quite liked the "shipped" set-up for several days, but eventually, something wasn't quite right, and I think Peter's description and insights make sense--to me.

I actually moved my chair from the "sweet spot" to a few feet forward to see if I could figure out some other source of the "feeling." It did not help.

The more recent "config" Peter suggested was more coherent and faster on my set-up (chair is back in original place).

BTW: the image I pasted up was Peter's and I might have done better to have cited that fact to the community. Mea culpa.

BTW: to contextualize my experience, I am using two Lush^3s:

...Aurender=>Lush^3 =>Innuous Phoenix => Lush^3 => MScaler => Wave Dual BNCs => DAVE...

• 1 month later...

I am on the fence between:

A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-Y-R

-and- A:, B:

My first, gut feeling was the A:, B: was a bit duller, but after a bit, I changed my mind. It's smooth, albeit perhaps not quite as emphasized in the highs.

Emphasized is not the best descriptor, perhaps, as I do not mean the other config is "over bright." 

After an hour or so, I found the A:, B: to be very smooth, and highs still all there. I listened to a lot of piano and trumpet jazz. Tardo Hammer, Cyrus Chestnut and Kenny Dorham stuff. 

Also, I find the percussion work of Brad Dutz (Drums and Bells Comparing Sticks) to be a lot of fun, and a good indicator of drum, cymbal and other percussion sounds. Wildly various smorgasbord of sound. 

Since Peter mentioned these components specifically, I tried that music, and it sounds great with the A:, B: config on my system/ears.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Meanwhile I am definitely back on it makes all so enormously interesting.

A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-Y-R

it makes all so enormously interesting. And pure. And new.

How about I meet you half-way, Peter? 
A: W-Y-R-G, B:

Is that supposed to sound good?

High-end is kind of freaky-good on my system. Base is substantial, may I add. I'll linger on this for a while.

NB: I have an Innuous Phoenix. Both in and out config as above...