IGNORED

Lush^3 - Share your configuration experiences

PeterSt

On 10/3/2020 at 2:31 AM, PeterSt said:

So ... From A: B-R, B: I went to 

A:B-Y-R, B:

My pair of Lush^3s arrived a couple days ago. My digital chain is now...

VortexBox > EtherRegen (+ external clock) > ET^3 > ultraRendu > Lush^3 > ISO-Regen > Lush^3 > Lampizator Big 7

I've tried all the configurations mentioned so far in this thread (some of them several times), as well as a couple old favorites from the Lush^2 thread, and at the moment Peter's A:B-Y-R,B: is the clear winner on my system. Female voices and woodwinds in particular are magical in this particular config.

I'll keep these comments brief because I'm still acclimating but I knew within five seconds that the Lush^3 was a significant upgrade over the Lush^2... more analog/relaxed/three-dimensional/musical and ultra-revealing.

Congratulations Peter on a job very well done. It's early days and I look forward to further experimentation.

6 hours ago, PeterSt said:

We don't have explored many configurations yet, and I'd hope that you can dig into the one MarkusBarkus pointed out, which would be 

A: B-Y-R, B: W-Y & R-G

(also see the picture in his post)

When I wrote "I've tried all the configurations mentioned so far in this thread", that included Markus's. It was not a good fit for my system. Specifically the "magic" I get with A:B-Y-R,B: simply wasn't there. For me. On my system. No offense intended.

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2020 at 7:01 AM, PeterSt said:

The currently official "best one" is much better already, but since 3 days I have found a way better one myself again (this is still an official secret - haha).

After a final judgment tonight and carefully observing the properties, I will put up this config and and properties.

Looking forward to trying this out when you're ready to reveal it.

TIA.

23 hours ago, PeterSt said:

A:, B:

Okay, here's some feedback.

I spent about a half hour listening to this configuration tonight. While it is a bit more open on the high end, overall it's too sterile for me... my toes weren't tapping. I find your previous favorite...

A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-Y-R

...to be more musical/enjoyable.

• 1 year later...
On 3/10/2022 at 3:58 PM, vadim1 said:

First foto is B side

For more than a year I've been very happy with A:WYRG B:WYR on both Lush^3s in this digital chain:

Music Server > EtherRegen > ET^3 > UltraRendu > Lush^3 > ISORegen > Lush^3 > DAC

But this week I attached an AfterDark Double Emperor (outboard clock) to the EtherRegen, and suddenly an already amazing system was twice as alive and dynamic as before. In fact, it was a bit over the top. I wanted to dial it back just a little, so I applied Vadim1's 3/10/2022 configuration to both the Lush^3s, and that made things too tame, so I restored A:WYRG B:WYR on the upstream L^3 (the one between the UR and the IR), and kept Vadim1's config on the downstream L^3.

Ahhhh yes. The sound is heavenly. A perfect balance of open/dynamic/alive and easy-on-the-ears for extended listening sessions.

Thank you @vadim1 for posting that configuration.

P.S. I'm using your config w/o the jumpers. I couldn't hear any difference with them on or off.