IGNORED

Lush^3 - Share your configuration experiences

PeterSt

On 9/28/2020 at 12:08 PM, PeterSt said:

Dear people,

If Chris permits, It seems inevitable to have a thread for the Lush^3, similar to the Lush^2's thread.

The Lush^3 has 1023 configuration possibilities and the past days I did my stinkin' best to find "a best" for the first dear customers who will receive their Lush^3 tomorrow and beyond. But I am only on my own, and it is sheer impossible do to this on one's own. And therefore I sincerely hope that as many people as possible will contribute again to find that one and only very best configuration and that again we will have one "with consensus". And the fun: we will all do this for ourselves !

image.png.a54ec1a890514c43df2b967726f88e3a.png

My first contribution (knowing that G(reen) represents the additional 4th shield - not used in this first good sounding config):

A: B-R, B:

For this moment I like to leave out the commercial stories (can do that later if needed), although such stories would comprise of explaining in what ways the Lush^3 is inherently better sounding than the Lush^2 in whatever configuration (of either). One hint: ... No, I will let other people tell (probably from off tomorrow).

So relative to something you don't know yet, here is my description of the configuration (A: B-R, B:) today's cables shipped with:

Enormously spatial (up to the impossible), with probably not the best of this seen yet (because "spatial" is one of the general properties). It combines with

A robustness of the sound, mostly found in the upper bass. Robust also seems to be a general property. But the configs I tried prior to this one never had

Realistic cymbals

Most configs I tried also show an enormous dose of quietness. (blackness). This one does too.

The sound is way way natural. And voices are superb (this too seems to be in place for each config).

The description seems cryptic, but it won't be if you first listened to the cable. And when you experiment with it, you will also find that your own descriptions will go in the direction of the way I just did it. ALL are so much better than anything you know from the Lush^2, that it comes down to finding annoyances and denoting that as a reason not to choose the config of concern. It also seems a new kind of listening. Example: if you run into the super spatial behavior (as said, this is a general property), it is quite hard to reject it because of a slightly too hard S in a voice. But you should reject, because you know it can be without it (this first config is the proof of it).

Thank you all so much in advance !

Peter

Hi Peter,

Is it correct to assume the black cable connects to the USB shell on both ends?

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, PeterSt said:

Oct 13, 2020

A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-Y-R
Please notice that this config was handed to me off-line by someone who apparently knows what he is doing. Let the man step forward so he can receive the credits. 🙂

Thanks Peter. It was me. I first wrote about this Lush^2 configuration on February 25th, 2020:

"Yesterday a MuMetal braid was added to my .4 meter Lush 2 cable. It was initially configured as two jssg360s. That was an improvement, but something was missing. Tying all 4 ends together fixed that, and the results is more image weight and clarity across the spectrum."

Later on the comb on the DAC end tying the fourth shield to the others accidentally became disconnected. This wasn't noticed for a while. Later without thinking, I reconnected it and noticed a loss of SQ.  Here is a picture of the Lush ^2 cable with the modification.

1454476293_Lush2withmod.thumb.jpg.9b9e1559b51cd4b5faf79eac9577c2da.jpg

Notice that the left comb is connected to the shield. And the comb on the right has sprung up in the air.

Realizing that the Lush^3 added a fourth layer of shielding, I got one and tried the same configuration. There is a deeper, richer image across the spectrum, especially at the top and bottom ends.

At first, I thought of sharing this with Peter privately to learn if he could duplicate the SQ impact. It's great to see that Peter agreed with the benefits of this configuration and has shared it with the community.

The mechanism at work here is a mystery to me. Is it: RFI/EMI elimination?, greater capacitance?, lower impedance? Who knows?

Anyway, I am open to improved configurations. Hmmm, perhaps I should try a fifth layer?

Enjoy,

Larry

4 hours ago, PeterSt said:

Haha, Larry, please no. In itself easy to do for us of course, but we must see through the coincidence of you finding this now "with consensus" configuration, while not ore than 10 configurations passed our hands in the first place (or people keep them a secret ?). So 1013 more to go ... but I myself am reluctant because it is too G-D good to waste even an hour of listening joy. I more and more am impressed by the robustness of the cymbals and I should try to play more known music expressing that.

From the analog point of view (and in the end all is "analog signal" as such) it will be all of it. But what I hear - and this was in my very first post about the Lush^3 (somewhere) - is that there's more signal preserved. This is how the "Eco" designation came into play. Same power, way more output. The Eco thing is a gag of course, but this is literally how all music "feels". And because of the law of energy can not be created or destroyed, something seems to be in order like:

what was first emitted into the air (and illegally captured elsewhere on top of it) now is preserved in the signal itself, which makes the signal way more robust and this is exactly hat we hear all over.

Weren't it that ...

Weren't it that this is a protocol signal and I see no way of how my description above can apply.

It really is about time that I start measuring a few things, knowing that I still have that analyzer for this sitting new in an unopened box (I know, crazy, but time time time ...).

Great thanks, Larry !

Peter

Gee Peter, I thought this cable was all about experimentation! What am I missing?

Yes, brush off that analyzer please.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 2:49 AM, FileMakerDev said:

Okay, here's some feedback.

I spent about a half hour listening to this configuration tonight. While it is a bit more open on the high end, overall it's too sterile for me... my toes weren't tapping. I find your previous favorite...

A: W-Y-R-G, B: W-Y-R

...to be more musical/enjoyable.

Hi FMD,

Your post parallels my experience. The A: B: configuration sucks the life out of the music.

Nevertheless, I am open minded and will give it another try when I have some free time and report back.

Larry

• 7 months later...