IGNORED

High End Munich 2021 - 9th - 12th September 2021

20 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

I don't like any kinda mongering, therefore not sure if that were meant to be a hurdle to overcome?

Researchers are investigating if a COVID-19 with multiple mutations found in India is more deadly and resistant to existing vaccines

https://www.businessinsider.com/covid-triple-mutant-in-india-could-be-much-more-deadly-2021-4

India sees another spike of 3.52 lakh COVID-19 cases, 2,800 deaths as states, UTs face oxygen shortage

https://english.jagran.com/india/india-sees-another-spike-of-3-52-lakh-covid-19-cases-2800-deaths-as-states-uts-face-oxygen-shortage-10026092

India's Covid-19 deaths will rise sharply till mid-May: US study

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/indias-virus-deaths-will-rise-sharply-till-mid-may-us-study

Rich Indians Flee by Private Jet as Virus Infections Spiral

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-26/wealthy-indians-flee-by-private-jet-as-virus-infections-spiral

https://web.archive.org/web/20210426142052/https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-26/wealthy-indians-flee-by-private-jet-as-virus-infections-spiral

Maybe it's already too late for containment?

The latest and best information regarding variants is from Dr. Erica Ollmann Saphire, PhD, professor at the La Jolla Institute for Immunology. I don't have her links but her scientific data and projections of all variants as they have presented is by far the best I have heard. I recommend people try to find her data, their research, their current recommendations regarding variants and effectivity of current vaccines and where they are headed. This is nothing like the FLU variations and is a much easier task to tackle than what most of us are hearing. 

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

Even though I'm fully vaccinated, I have no intention of attending large gatherings — with attendees flying in from all over the world! — until the global situation looks a lot better than it currently does.

So I think it was prudent of High-End Munich to postpone.

I agree..If everyone thought that way the world would be a better place! 

If interested- a nice, up to date table re. vaccines, efficacy against variants, etc., though not much is known about the Indian variant at this point.  Haven't watched the above video, perhaps just a different way to take in the data.  I follow all of this daily at work, my recent apprehension was re. the SA strain, now will begin watching for data re. the strains from India.  I am thankful we got Moderna at my hospital (and that my elderly parents received an mRNA vaccine):

image.png

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

8 minutes ago, DuckToller said:

Here's a note from Bruno Putzeys personal blog about R
- I found it quite interesting ...

Covid Policy in 500 Words

The R number says how many new people get infected, on average, by one infected person. An R of 2 means the first case infects two people, those two go on to infect four and so on.

The R number is made up of two components. One is how easily the virus is transmitted. The other is how many people we meet, and how careful we are to avoid transmission.

The first component is only determined by the nature of the virus. The new variants are more easily transmitted, so under the same conditions the new variants have a higher R number.

The second component is only determined by our behaviour. The more careful we are, the lower the R number. Face masks, social distancing and vaccines all help push R down.

Crucially, the R number is not dependent on how many infections there are. If the virus is the same and people’s behaviour is the same, 100 cases become 200 cases in the same time that 1000 cases become 2000 cases.

It is tempting to set the rules on an ad hoc basis depending on infection numbers: slacken the rules (let R grow above 1) when few people are infected and tighten them when a certain panic level is reached. But now you see that even if you set the “pain threshold” very high, that will not result in more relaxed rules on average.

This explains why countries whose governments were loath to set restrictions (e.g., the UK) end up being locked down just as often as countries where the government was more careful (e.g., Denmark). The only difference is how many people are sick and dying.

But what about countries like New Zealand and Taiwan? They’re virtually Covid free! Well, that’s the twist in the tale. The trick is to smack down on the infection (keep R well below 1 long enough) until so few people are infected that you can handle them individually. Then it’s enough to shut down a village rather than the whole country. A single case in New Zealand is news.

Remember that the R number doesn’t depend on the number of cases. The R number for Covid-19 in New Zealand is very large – there are almost no restrictions in place. It’s just that zero times a large number is still zero.

By contrast, countries that try to “manage” a large number of infections are simply giving the virus time and space to evolve. When more people are sick, more virus particles are replicating and mutating. It is no wonder that countries like the UK have proven the perfect breeding ground for new variants that require ever stricter measures, and new vaccines, to combat.

This way, Covid-19 and its offspring will be with us for generations. Meanwhile, we can always choose to get rid of it completely. All it takes is the political courage to keep restrictions in place until there are no known cases left, and then to remain watchful for new cases.

- I was chatting with my Danish twin brother who is quite active in the whole Covid statistics thing. I mentioned to him that various governments simply seem to have a mental "ideal infection rate" and that the totality of their policy is to try regulating the system towards that target. And since they all respond forcefully but late, the system oscillates. Yes, he replied, but the silly thing is that the growth is exponential, so all they're doing is regulating R to 1 while the actual infection rate doesn't figure. And, he continued, you sound somewhat surprised so we have to assume that few people will grasp this intuitively. Touché. So I took it as a challenge to turn that observation into something that non-mathematicians can follow.

http://brunoputzeys.be/r4.php?item=35

Sorry DT this diatribe of Putzey is filled with mistakes. People really should understand just what they post about. 

5 minutes ago, Priaptor said:

Sorry DT this diatribe of yours is filled with mistakes. People really should understand just what they post about. 

There may be a dispute between mathematics and medicine (and opiniated politicians), and I am not the one to have the final answer about that.
You - otoh - seem to be several steps closer to that point . Feel free to elaborate ....

1 minute ago, DuckToller said:

There may be a dispute between mathematics and medicine (and opiniated politicians), and I am not the one to have the final answer about that.
You - otoh - seem to be several steps closer to that point . Feel free to elaborate ....

LMAO. Your retort speaks for itself. Do your own research. Not worth elaborating. 

26 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

If I say yours is filled with mistakes, then you’re both even. 

No because my original post is facts without mistakes. 

I guess you guys just like NET copy and paste stuff. To each his/her/their own. 

Personally, I am with those like yourself weighing the risks and benefits of going to an enclosed show, having to wear a mask with the risks of being traveling abroad, vaccinated or not, claiming its not worth it. I am also in favor of people weighing the true risks and making an educated decision for themselves and loved ones using real data. But that is me. 

F1.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carousel=1

F2.large.jpg?width=800&height=600&carousel=1

Labels assigned by CA members: "Cogley's ML sock-puppet," "weaponizer of psychology," "ethically-challenged," "professionally dubious," "machismo," "lover of old westerns," "shill," "expert on ducks and imposters," "Janitor in Chief," "expert in Karate," "ML fanboi or employee," "Alabama Trump supporter with an NRA decal on the windshield of his car," sycophant

We have a couple of shows scheduled to take place in the UK later this year.  In particular the UK Audio Show 9th and 10th October (Staverton, Northants) and HFN's Hifi show live 23rd and 24th October (Ascot, Berkshire).

I wonder if these will suffer the same fate as Munich?  To be honest, I cannot see them running at full strength assuming there are restrictions on international travel, but time will tell.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Oh well, which side are we "supposed to" believe then?

https://www.bitchute.com/video/vg4aUqjH4N4/

https://odysee.com/@IvorCummins:f/short-video-on-india-situation-what-does:4

(Beginning around the 0:30:00 below.)

Prof. Dolores Cahill, Ivor Cummins, Eddie Hobbs, Tracey O’Mahony BL, Pat Morrissey MD and Anne McCluskey MD take part in a round-table discussion, addressing the main issues affecting us over the past year.

https://www.pscp.tv/TheIrishInquiry/1rmxPzQZDYqGN

https://www.facebook.com/TheIrishInquiry/videos/462986074925826

India ravaged by record-breaking COVID-19 surge as doctors warn of 'impossibly bad' situation

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-01/india-ravaged-by-the-record-breaking-covid-19-surge/100105294

Dr Madhavan said a severe lack of testing meant people were dying at home due to coronavirus but weren't being marked as COVID-19 deaths. The number of daily tests has significantly dropped as facilities buckle due to crippling demand.

Dr Madhavan also said other illnesses were being marked as the cause of death instead of COVID-19, which violates World Health Organization protocol.

Gosh, maybe nobody could be trusted anymore?

Duh.

On 4/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Agree. I'll be bleeding edge with my audio system, not my health :~)

It will be interesting to to see how T.H.E. Show goes next month. It was done so fast I couldn't book my favorite hotel and will stay at the Sheridan closer to the restaurants. .

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 3 day ticket to THE Show, and I am leaning toward attending (60-40). 

- Mark

Synology DS916+ > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > Netgear switch > SoTM dCBL-CAT7 > dCS Vivaldi Upsampler (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 Dual 110 Ohm AES/EBU > dCS Vivaldi DAC (David Elrod Statement Gold power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > Absolare Passion preamp (Nordost Valhalla 2 power cord) > Nordost Valhalla 2 xlr > VTL MB-450 III (Shunyata King Cobra CX power cords) > Nordost Valhalla 2 speaker > Kaiser Kaewero Classic /JL Audio F110 (Wireworld Platinum power cord).

Power Conditioning: Entreq Olympus Tellus grounding (AC, preamp and dac) / Shunyata Hydra Triton + Typhoon (Shunyata Anaconda ZiTron umbilical/Shunyata King Cobra CX power cord) > Furutec GTX D-Rhodium AC outlet.